Mustang Hitch

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Empty Stable Currently
I've never seen this before, found the picture while researching body shops that could help me with my sheet metal issues. I doubt it was a factory option, but it's neat looking all the same!

1972%20Mustang_8.jpg

they have been around, see the thread below a 71-73 Mustang towing a boat.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-mustang-towing-a-boat

If you read through you will see pictures of Mike's Mustang (Ole Pony) with the hitch that I bought from him to add to my car in the future, when I make my custom trailer.

Hi the hitch was made by draw-tite hitches for mustangs and other ford products also sold by ford over the parts counter in 65 -68 with ford part number.

Hi the hitch was made by draw-tite hitches for mustangs and other ford products also sold by ford over the parts counter in 65 -68 with ford part number.
I have one if anyone wants it........

It is still on the convertible that we plasma cut in half.

I do not want to really know what they towed with a convertible but I hope it was light.

- Paul

they have been around, see the thread below a 71-73 Mustang towing a boat.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-mustang-towing-a-boat

If you read through you will see pictures of Mike's Mustang (Ole Pony) with the hitch that I bought from him to add to my car in the future, when I make my custom trailer.
I use to pull a 14 foot runabout boat with the 73 convert. The boat had 4 seats and would pull one skier. I eventually graduated to larger boats and bought a Dodge Tradesman 300 SuperVan to pull the boat and camp in. One of those home made conversion vans with the shag carpet! :D

I put one on my 1972 Mach 1 to pull a U-Haul trailer from north Texas to Houston TX in 1975. Had everything we owned in the car and trailer. I wish I had a picture of that rig going down the road. Talk about not being able to see out, we probably looked like the Beverly Hillbillys moving from the country to the big city. Only difference was by the time we got her we were flat broke.

Moved to a apartment with covered assigned parking. I hung two pieces of carpet up by ropes so my neighbors would not put door dings on my precious Mach 1.

Moved to a house after one year in those apartments! I did take the hitch off after moving cause it was just not very attractive. Ha

Mike! The csrpets to protect from door dings! I did the same thing, almost.

I hung cheap inflatable pool rafts up to prevent door dings in the assigned covered parkingcat my mom 's apartment over on Country Place Dr.

Strange...

We must be kindred spirits, you and I...

Mike! The csrpets to protect from door dings! I did the same thing, almost.

I hung cheap inflatable pool rafts up to prevent door dings in the assigned covered parkingcat my mom 's apartment over on Country Place Dr.

Strange...

We must be kindred spirits, you and I...
Yep,

Probably so, I just did not have enough sense to keep my car. Not sure if I did where I would have kept it. No place and no money back in those days!

A nice idea, if it weren't for the fact that mounting a hitch on one of these cars is just an invitation to turn your sheet metal into silly putty.

You can't haul anything of meaningful weight without doing long-term damage - short of an empty trailer, perhaps.

-Kurt

I've got one that came on a convert. I disassembled. I'm going to power coat it a put on the car just for the hell of it.

CIMG2526.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back