Hi! from Dallas, Texas!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orlock1965

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportsroof
351C 4V
White w/black stripes
Thanks for the add to the forum!!! I've been a fan of the 1971-73's for a couple of decades and have owned a handful of cars and purchased many parts cars when were they available. My current car is a Boss 351 clone. I inherited it from one of my best friends, who passed away from lung cancer several years ago. We found the car in the 90's and he bought it, put it in his garage and never really did anything with it. After he passed away his wife gave me the car and told me that Everett would have wanted me to have it and restore to the way I wanted. So that what I did. This is my "keeper" car, for the obvious reasons.

16650_1140001381403_7297684_n.jpg16650_1140001301401_2486264_n.jpg16650_1140001621409_8368760_n.jpg

Here's a "before" pic

5533_1085371935701_5034090_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas! Awesome car!! ::thumb::

It started out as a standard Sportsroof with the following options:

351C 2-V

FMX Trans

Power Steering

A/C

Power Disc Brakes

Here's the kicker:

Ginger Mach I Sports Interior!

It basically had everything a Mach I should have, just not the "05" in the VIN.

It hadn't been driven since 1984 and had 62K on the odometer. I pulled the engine out and I have it on a stand in my garage. I added a fold down rear seat assembly to complete the interior to my liking. I changed it to black interior. When we found the car, it was from the original owner and it is an original Dallas car, sold at a dealership which is no longer around. It still had the original plug wires, battery cables and fan belts on the engine. And the original shocks as well. I took pics of all of this stuff before I started disassembly.

Nice work and welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to drop a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

::welcome:: from Maine . I'm sure your buddy would be proud of how you turned the car around . :)

Hi and :welcome2: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Man, that car has come a long way!!

By the way, you have the same rims on it as the grabber yellow Boss promo car that´s being discussed in the other thread. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back