request for picture of exhaust pipes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
I'm installing a new dual exhaust and I am trying to figure out the hight of the tailpipe.

Is it below the gas tank center flange or even with it.

Also, the hight between the top of the rear end and the bottom of the tailpipe.

If anyone has some pics it would be great!

Hi. I see from your profile that you have a '71 convertible. If the exhaust is the same as the '73, I'll be happy to take a few pics and post them.

Doc
That would be great!

I am trying to see what the hieght and angle needs to be and where the "camel hump" over the rear need to be.

Thanks

heres a shot of my 71 with the tail panel off. I had my exhaust hand made and not to any original spec, but its routed where it would be stock. let me know if you'd like me to make some measurements,

alot of pictures 208.jpg

I forgot that the front end is up on blocks, so I don't know if these will help at all. If they do, I'll be happy to take more. It's all stock.

Barry, I kept these full size to provide the best detail. Please let me know if you'd rather I post all pics reduced. I'll be happy to.

Doc

Right exhaust over rear axle.JPG

Left Tailpipe and leaf spring.JPG

I forgot that the front end is up on blocks, so I don't know if these will help at all. If they do, I'll be happy to take more. It's all stock.

Barry, I kept these full size to provide the best detail. Please let me know if you'd rather I post all pics reduced. I'll be happy to.

Doc
thanks for the pics.

I'll post some picks when i'm done.

Doc
thanks for the pics.

I'll post some picks when i'm done.
OK here they are:

100_1782.jpg

100_1781.jpg

100_1785.jpg

Back