Magnum 500 wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 SCJ Green
1971 CJ Pewter
1973 H-Code Copper
1967 Q-Code Galaxie
Question, I am looking to buy a set of used magnum 500's. On the back is D1oa-1007-AA. ( is this correct for a 71 mustang?). 2nd, is what I think is the date code, goes like this, m 4 1 20 ( is this January 20, 1974 ?) and what does the m stand for?

Rozz

Last edited by a moderator:
Rozz,

Do you have a pic of the date code stamping?

M = Motor Wheel Corp

Not sure about code - the "1" you list should be a letter and "I" was not used.

http://www.fordification.com/tech/datecodes.htm

What car are you wanting to put them on? How 'original' are you wanting to remain? Sounds like very but need to confirm...

The wheel you mention is a 14 inch Magnum 500? I think it is off a mid 70's Ranchero.

I'm not a wheel expert so if someone has better ifo I hope they'll post it up!

But-

Only 15 inch Magnums were optional for 1971 and 1972 V8 powered Mustangs. No magnums or any 15 inch wheels of any kind were offered in 73.

Ray

Rozz,

Do you have a pic of the date code stamping?

M = Motor Wheel Corp

Not sure about code - the "1" you list should be a letter and "I" was not used.

http://www.fordification.com/tech/datecodes.htm

What car are you wanting to put them on? How 'original' are you wanting to remain? Sounds like very but need to confirm...

The wheel you mention is a 14 inch Magnum 500? I think it is off a mid 70's Ranchero.

I'm not a wheel expert so if someone has better ifo I hope they'll post it up!

But-

Only 15 inch Magnums were optional for 1971 and 1972 V8 powered Mustangs. No magnums or any 15 inch wheels of any kind were offered in 73.

Ray
Yes these wheels will go on a 71 j code, so tring to keep it very original.

Here is a picture of the numbers on the back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have your Marti report? It might help you in your efforts to restore it back to original.

I really need more info about your car.

Again - if the wheels you are looking at are 14 inch Magnum 500's - they are not correct.

on67m.jpg

Ray

Latest posts

Back