New owner from North Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
Stumbled across the forum this morning and had to join. I just bout a 71 convertible through ebay. Had a 3rd party inspection as it is in Michigan and was happy with how it turned out. So now I'm anxiously waiting for it to be delivered.

It has its original 351c 4v and 4 speed Toploader. I ordered the Marti report and it seems this is a very rare combo so I'm extra excited about that.

Here are a few pics the inspector took.

What are your opinions on the 17 inch after market wheels? I assume it will ride nicer but I'm tempted to go with a set of 14" Magnum 500's like it came from the factory with.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Nice looking convert. I prefer original wheel, but can appreciate aftermarket look too, just a matter of personal preference.

Nice!! Welcome from West Texas.

Now this is pretty much exactly what I would have, were mine a 'vert. ::thumb::

And yes... very rare, indeed: Mach 1s were fastbacks only... although I have to admit I'm not entirely sure why Ford did that (basically just a trim package). ;) :D

Yes, I know it isn't actually a Mach 1 but it looks like that so I will probably leave them for now. Thanks for the welcome all.

I say leave 'em on anyway. We're more about "build it how you want" around here, rather than "Gotta be 100% Concourse, or it's junk," like some of the other sites. rofl

You need to get some pics with the top down when you get it. When I first got here, I was "All Mach 1, All The Time." Since I've been here, and seen SO many awesome cars, I'm finding myself wanting a 'vert more and more. I don't think the off-base commander will authorize it though... not even if I were to get rid of the Jeep.

I have always loved the Mach 1 but I have a 13 Boss 302 so I have a very fast fastback already. This is my first ever convertible and I cannot wait to enjoy cruising with the top down.

Welcome from West Virginia!

Congratulations! That's a great looking "Mach 1" vert! Haha. I'm digging the color combo.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to drop a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back