New from Tennessee

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
It's a 1973 Convertible project.
Hello all,

I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to post my introduction but later is better than never.

My name is Marc and I live in Murfreesboro, TN. The project I have is a '73 Q code convertible without a drivetrain or hood. My wife asked, "Who buys a car without and engine?" I said, "Silly woman, you don't need an engine to start a project." Though this is true, I didn't really say that because my car and I enjoy our current accommodations.

So far, the convertible and heater motors have been rebuilt, the full trunk floor and taillight panel have been replaced. Other replaced parts are idler and pitman arms and the installation of new bushings. The car is solid with the exception of rust-thru under the rear driver side seat and some pitting in the rear wells. The inner and outer rockers are solid.

I am beginning to realize that getting this on the road will cost a mint and maybe should have bought one with an engine. :s

Welcome from Central Cali. One of my 73's has the same problem with the rusted out floor board behind the driver seat, mainly due to the rear fastback weatherstip rotting out and rain getting in and soaking the carpet. So i know your pain.

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Great to hear another 73 convertible has survived. So do you plan on going with a 73 engine or maybe updating the engine?

Wow! Thanks for the welcome! Jeff, I may take you up on the offer soon. 72Sprint, I work in Shelbyville…teach math at Harris Middle School! I think getting together would be awesome! Good guys is a great idea.

Ole Pony, regarding the engine issue, cost is the biggest factor for me. I would love to buy a rough Q code donor and transfer the drivetrain and rear end over. I just haven't had much look finding an affordable one. The other more economical transfer option is to buy a salvaged 4.6 stang. Any advice would be well taken.

Welcome from West Virginia!

Welcome from coastal Alabama be sure to drop a pin on the member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Btw, I've bought 2 mach 1s without engines and transmissions. ;)

Welcome.

I wouldn't worry about exact engine etc. at this time. Make the needed repairs and put in the most cost effective "runner" and begin to enjoy the car. Then start the quest for the "right" motor and drivetrain for the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back