Tennessee area forum members

As I see more and more members posting from the area, I thought it might be nice if we could get together a list/directory of those members who would be interested in getting together.

If you agree, then I suggest all who are interested PM me and provide contact information they are comfortable sharing and I'll compile and circulate a list. Once we have a list, putting together a group for a coffee and cars or similar informal gathering once every couple of months would be easy.

It might also help us to share knowledge and resources. I have a lift and several engine stands that generally are not in use and I would lend them out. Pooling our talents might just lead to some improvements in all of our cars.

Post up here to keep the thread active please and let me know what you think.

Hey folks, I'm getting some names from west Tennessee so I'm going to open this up to the whole state.

PS Don-if you give me a badge for this I am going to drive down to Alabama and coat all of your cars with rust remover and see how many cars you have left afterwards :)

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see more and more members posting from the area, I thought it might be nice if we could get together a list/directory of those members who would be interested in getting together.

If you agree, then I suggest all who are interested PM me and provide contact information they are comfortable sharing and I'll compile and circulate a list. Once we have a list, putting together a group for a coffee and cars or similar informal gathering once every couple of months would be easy.

It might also help us to share knowledge and resources. I have a lift and several engine stands that generally are not in use and I would lend them out. Pooling our talents might just lead to some improvements in all of our cars.

PS Don-if you give me a badge for this I am going to drive down to Alabama and coat all of your cars with rust remover and see how many cars you have left afterwards :)

So then... You be gittin 2 badges :P

1st- MID TN organizer

2nd- MID TN rustbuster

rofl

Seriously, there was some discussion in the staff forum about creating a Mustang Club or Meet n' Greet forum. Sounds like it would be a good idea.

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

I don't know Jeff. Seeing as you both like to shoot. You could dip your black powder shot in rust bullit and do him a favor while enjoying the shooting. :P

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

I shoot black powder, it causes rust! lol

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I'm in, weekends are better for me. will PM

adpic.jpg

Great idea Jeff...

Seems like you guys have quite a few folks from that area...nice part of the country as I am back there at least once a year visiting relatives in Murfreesboro and Lewisberg.

Jeff

1972 Q Code Convertible

Great guys, I was a bit busy this weekend building 56 feet of deck railings, and new staircase hand rails , and hosting a bachelor party for a long time friend. I'll start an list we can share when I get a little free time.

I am in and will PM you as well. Not in middle TN, but a west coaster who can drive a few hours to talk mustangs.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

I am also thinking we could set up some type of summer event later this year-we all need a target date to have the next small project done.

I am also thinking we could set up some type of summer event later this year-we all need a target date to have the next small project done.

That sounds great! The more events the better!

I'd be interested in participating, too. I'm in western Tennessee, but only a few hours away. I'll send a PM.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Great idea Jeff...

Seems like you guys have quite a few folks from that area...nice part of the country as I am back there at least once a year visiting relatives in Murfreesboro and Lewisberg.

Jeff,

If you have relatives from Murfreesboro than you must know a bit about Mule Day. My x wife's family had a place near Shelbyville. We lived in Louisville, KY at the time and used to spend weekends with them in TN. I've been to a few Mule Day parades... That was a life time ago...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1_24_09_13_4_29_06.png

I am in for scheduling something this year.

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

• 3 weeks later...

The response is less than overwhelming. The list is at 4 people including myself and I have a phone number contact for a newer member and may be able to add him as well. Anyone else interested, please let me know.

I am thinking that a gathering the weekend of the goodguys show here in Nashville would be a good start. I also would like to organize a morning invasion of the Cars and Coffee that is held Saturday mornings in Franklin, TN from 8-11 or so. I can't go this weekend, but next might work.

You know I'm in. Moreover, I shall try to recruit others, not only into the 71-73 Mustang madness, but into our forum, and our social shenanigans as well.

Okay Nox! You used the words 'moreover' and 'shall' in the same sentence! The only excuse for such a Grave, Southern-English, Diction violation is if you aren't southern at all. Worse yet! Are you British?!? ::tease::

Disclaimer: The above is not meant to insult or verbally harm our fine Northern Brethren of these United States or anyone from outside said country. :)

As an attorney, I use blended words all the time nonetheless, I do think it is suspicious. Unlike Mdunlap, I also think insulting our northern born cousins is not only laudable, it is incumbent upon us.

You know I'm in. Moreover, I shall try to recruit others, not only into the 71-73 Mustang madness, but into our forum, and our social shenanigans as well.

Okay Nox! You used the words 'moreover' and 'shall' in the same sentence! The only excuse for such a Grave, Southern-English, Diction violation is if you aren't southern at all. Worse yet! Are you British?!? ::tease::

Disclaimer: The above is not meant to insult or verbally harm our fine Northern Brethren of these United States or anyone from outside said country. :)

On the contrary, I'm a Southerner, born and raised. As for my vocabulary, grammar, syntax, etc., I'm happy to acknowledge that I have better mastered the English language than have most Englishmen, and certainly better than have most yankees.

~Tony

1972 Mach 1 (H-Code)

Southerners use blended words all the time. Words like "ovar" and "retcher". (Interpreted = over there and right here).

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

The response is less than overwhelming. The list is at 4 people including myself and I have a phone number contact for a newer member and may be able to add him as well. Anyone else interested, please let me know.

It is because you did not want a profile icon that represents your new position as the TN organizer. If you displayed the icon you'd instantly be noticed. A smaller version of the below would work.

socialbutterfly.jpg?w=300&h=291

spacer.png

That rips it Don, I'm going to redirect a crop duster over your cars with a load of rust remover-you'll have swiss cheesed metal all over the place!