Pressure sensor under front seat?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q Code Convertible
Hi guys,

I am working on cleaning my seats up to have new covers put on. I noticed that only my driver side seat has the below sensor but both sides of car have the wiring plugs for it. Did the cars come with the below sensor on BOTH sides or DRIVERS only? Thanks much.

20jsnjm.jpg

Hi guys,

I am working on cleaning my seats up to have new covers put on. I noticed that only my driver side seat has the below sensor but both sides of car have the wiring plugs for it. Did the cars come with the below sensor on BOTH sides or DRIVERS only? Thanks much.

20jsnjm.jpg
Hi Jeff,

My 73 Grande has the sensors on both front seats.

Mike

They came on the front seats of 72s built from 1-1-72, and 73s built until 12-31-72...I think. Or maybe on all 73s?

At any rate...they sure are annoying. The ones in my 73 convertible went in the dumpster during the Reagan years...

Last edited:
Thanks guys,

Kit...must be on all 73's as mine is a late build 73 with one on the drivers side. Do you remember if your car had them on both sides when you removed?

They came on the front seats of 72s built from 1-1-72, and 73s built until 12-31-72...I think. Or maybe on all 73s?

At any rate...they sure are annoying. The ones in my 73 convertible went in the dumpster during the Reagan years...

did those trip the seat belt warning lights and buzzer when the driver was in the car and the lap belt was not used?

My 73 convert was an April 73 build and the sensor is still under both front seats. The buzzer and "seat belt" light are both activated when there is weight on the seat and the seat belt is not buckled.

I've always been a 250+lb guy, and those sensors can be felt by a big dude when you sit on the seats. Reminds me off the bar under the mattress on a fold-out couch/ bed.

I took them out for comfort reasons. Simply unplugging them will stop the annoying buzzer.

Both side are equipped with those sensors on my '73 Grandé. All disconnected, the buzzer when I have a passenger is me. Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

My 73 q code does not have them on either side . built 6/73.my car was unmolested when i got it in 1982.
Someone took them out or changed the seats as it would have had them and the fasten seat belt light in the pass side dash

My 73 q code does not have them on either side . built 6/73.my car was unmolested when i got it in 1982.
Someone took them out or changed the seats as it would have had them and the fasten seat belt light in the pass side dash
I guess that is totally possible, I'am the third owner and i bought it off my buddy who is not mechanicly inclined at all, and he bought it off a guy who bought it local.I know my buddy did'nt take them out,but the orginal owner might have had someone take them out. The seat buzzer has never worked since i have owned it.I remember my dad would fasten the seat belt and tuck it in between the seats on my moms car back then.He wasn't a big fan of the govmt.telling him to wear a seat belt.

I guess that is totally possible, I'am the third owner and i bought it off my buddy who is not mechanicly inclined at all, and he bought it off a guy who bought it local.I know my buddy did'nt take them out,but the orginal owner might have had someone take them out. The seat buzzer has never worked since i have owned it.I remember my dad would fasten the seat belt and tuck it in between the seats on my moms car back then.He wasn't a big fan of the govmt.telling him to wear a seat belt.
Most are just unplugged VS removing them

Check your seat platforms under the carpet. There will be a lightly stamped channel on the later cars for the cable. Not there on '71s.

-Kurt

Back