Why Florida is for car-lovers:

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

These are just three of the cool cars I saw over the weekend here at various places in my travels.

I never saw these cool kinds of cars in Buffalo!

#1) Pretty awesome sounding GT-40...I'm guessing it had to be a replica, right? Who would drive a car that valuable around?

#2) Lambo Murcielago Superleggera...actually kind of common (relatively) around here.

3#) Chrome-plated Jaguar XJ-F. It was a wrap, but it looked good!

zpfile000.jpg

zpfile001.jpg

zpfile002.jpg

Yep, the GT-40 probably gets the most looks from real car guys, but I'll tell ya' that chrome Jag sure was a high-powered chick magnet!

The Lambo was in a Lowe's parking lot and it could have a Focus for all the attention it attracted. Ho hum.

That GT40 looks like one of the kits from Superformance

024.jpg

I'm not a fan of this particular GT40 as much as say this one:

ford-gt40-08.jpg

But I doubt I'll ever own either!

Still very cool cars to spot. At one of the car shows I went to last year they had a Shelby Cobra where the entire body of the car had been pounded out of a single sheet of bronze, it was amazing to look at.

The weather looks great.

A small point but the Lambo is actually a 'Gallardo', it's a V10 whereas it's big brother 'Murcialago' has a V12

Good pics!

I should have p/up the De Loreon for 19 hundred back when in Daytona and the realty broker broker; Granstrom's Ferarri 308 for 25 grand. Re: his wifd was the big tv news caster in Orlalando. Back in the 90s and would have had them in a lot of shows all over Florida since shows are everyday w/no winter weather to contend with.

All the cars I see around here are covered in salt - dirt and all our trucks are still wearing snowplows , I'm jealous ! :dodgy:

Yeah, a Gallardo...what was I thinking?

The modern retro GT-40 csr is simply named "Ford GT"...not "GT-40". Fird let the trademark lapse and another company owned the name...Ford was nit willing to buy the name back.

There were rumours the new car was going to be named the "GT-44", referencing its 44-inch height...harkening back to the original car's 40-inch height, hence the name "GT-40".

Too bad they didnt do that. When you make mention of a "Ford GT" to someone less Ford-y than us, they often think you are referring to a "Mustsng GT".

The name "GT-44" would have given it a more reckgnjzable name, I think.

I guess that 'splains why so many black GT-40s have a "2" in the gunball, Lucy!

I love learning arcane trivia from guys who are just as nutty as I am!

Back