New guy!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sport Roof
So, I don't actually have my 'stang yet, but I will soon. Quite a few years back my dad bought a '71 that had some serious body and interior issues. He rebuilt the 302 and did a few other things and for reasons I don't remember, he decided to get rid of the '71 and get a '72 Mach 1 that was in much better condition. He pulled the 351C and dropped in a 429 w/ tranny, had a custom exhaust put on, and did some other things to it.

Fast forward a few years and after running out of cash, he decided to get rid of it. I "volunteered" to give it a good home, so in a few months or so I should have a pony in my stable!

I found out about this forum because I was over in the VMF forum and Rocket invited me here. So, here I am!

::welcome:: enjoy the site
Thanks Roy, I've been lurking here for awhile and I have to admit, I'm lusting after your car!

Steve

::welcome:: 429 sounds good, I'm leaning to the big block myself.
LOL, yeah he got a good deal on it, I think it was $500 or $1000 for the whole drivetrain out of the neighbor's '70 T-bird. It's not a Cobrajet, but it'll get the job done!

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: enjoy the site
Thanks Roy, I've been lurking here for awhile and I have to admit, I'm lusting after your car!

Steve
Thanks it has a long way to go but hopefully this year anyways. But thanks to our government and these gas masters, money is getting tight so who knows.

you sound like me.. i gave my dads 73 fastback a good home.. has a 429 and a c6 tooo :) enjoy the power!! its a rush!

Welcome to the forums! Can't wait to see some pics of the Mustang!

::welcome::

Thanks guys, I love this forum already!

Welcome to the forums! Can't wait to see some pics of the Mustang!

::welcome::
Here y'go, Rocket! As requested, the obligatory pics...

1zbq8ox.jpg

nvcsxt.jpg

Steve,

Welcome to the forum. There are some very nice cars here and enough information to keep you busy for your lifetime.

Steven
Thanks Steven, I bet there is and I'm going to vacuum up all the knowledge I can!

you sound like me.. i gave my dads 73 fastback a good home.. has a 429 and a c6 tooo :) enjoy the power!! its a rush!
I can't wait to get my greedy claws on it :D. My pop had to rebuild the front suspension because the engine was so heavy that the tires were rubbing on the wheel wells.

Now I have to be patient for a little while...:dodgy:

[attachment=2246]

Welcome to the forum Steve....I got here the same way you did ...via VMF and Rocket...lol. Truth be told I haven't been back to VMF in ages enjoy this forum better!

Ken

Welcome Steve, Things seem to go easier when you've got help and everyone here is into that.

Alan L
I like forums like this, where everyone is helpful. I belong to some other forums (not car related) where some of the members like to talk down to people that are just trying to learn stuff. It can be discouraging.

Welcome to the forum Steve....I got here the same way you did ...via VMF and Rocket...lol. Truth be told I haven't been back to VMF in ages enjoy this forum better!

Ken
That's funny, I do like VMF but I haven't been back there because most of the emphasis is on the '60s Mustangs. Even though VMF is a good forum with good people, I do like this one better.

How's it going, Steve? Looking forward to hearing more about your project. Best of luck and welcome! :)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back