73 mustang fender bracket

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revsitup

Reaction score
My Car
!971 Mustang sportsroof
Hey Guys I need some help locating a bracket to finish the 73 Mach1 that I restored.

The part I am looking for goes on the rear of the front fender toward the windshield and near the hood hinge. I believe there should be a plastic guide or bumper there that is fastened by a small screw. I think maybe it keeps the hood from dropping in the rear when you open it. I have tried searching online and looked in mustang catalogs but haven't found anything or even no what they call them? The screw hole is still in the fender but the little brackets were long gone when I got the car.

Thanks for any help

There is no bracket on the fender in that area

There are 3 rubber bumpers screwed on to the cowl

2 wedge shaped rubber bumpers on each fender.

All of them are for hood alinement

There are brackets on the cowl under the edge of the windshield close to the fender

All the rubber I have new

Windshield blocks I have used

Don

Some 71s used that hole in the fender to mount a plastic air diverter. The diverter was discontinued before 73 production. Yet the hole remained, but unused. The hood bumper is the only other attachment nearby.

Some 71s used that hole in the fender to mount a plastic air diverter. The diverter was discontinued before 73 production. Yet the hole remained, but unused. The hood bumper is the only other attachment nearby.
Yes that little plastic piece is what I remember seeing on some 71 mustangs that I worked on years ago. I saw the holes in these 73 fenders and just figured the same thing went there.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Back