dynacorn and 1971-1973 Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aypsears

Reaction score
My Car
71 MUSTANG WITH 19 OPTIONS FROM THE FACTORY
Hi any of you folks out there know if Dyacorn is ever going to reproduce the full floor for 1971-1973 mustang. also a full quarter panel. I see over the past few years the 1971-1973 mustang body parts are becoming more popular. Two items would be great have when restoring these cars a full floor and full quarter panels. Thanks Ayp any thoughts

On my wish list is the coupe deck filler panel between the trunk lid and rear window. I do think our years are becoming more popular though so maybe a chance.

Hello apysears,

Dynacorn has a Ask Joe section and here is one response to your question concerning full floor pans.

John asked:

"Hey joe, do you know what the status is for 71-73 mustang one piece floor pan? Someone asked you several months ago and your response was late summer. Thanks"

Joe answered on 10/18/2013:

Unfortunately, things get moved back and right now we do not have a new date.

Edit Record (Joe Only)

Source: http://www.dynacorn.com/JoeParts/ViewAnswer.aspx?qid=2191

mustang7173

Its all about demand, and the 71-73s just dont have the demand yet.

In wierd way, I like that. The new bodies for early Mustangs and Camaros from Dynacorn have given the big-money builders platforms to make some amazing cars, which keeps those bodystyles in the spotlight. The general public sees them all the time.

Our big ponies are fewer and far between, which makes sighting one of them a little more rare to the average Joe.

I know that at shows and cruises over the years, I have seen dozens of 65-66s and 69-70s, with 67-68s only slightly behind. But typically only a few 71-73s by comparison.

There are always the onlookers who say " Now THESE are the ones I have always liked best!"

I like the fact that a new 71-73 can't just be ordered and built from NOS and repro parts.

A dedicated owner of a big pony ( now thats an oxymoron!) needs patience, perseverance and dedication to get his steed in the state that just takes money for the other body styles.

Makes me appreciate them a little more.

Last edited:
Hi any of you folks out there know if Dyacorn is ever going to reproduce the full floor for 1971-1973 mustang. also a full quarter panel. I see over the past few years the 1971-1973 mustang body parts are becoming more popular. Two items would be great have when restoring these cars a full floor and full quarter panels. Thanks Ayp any thoughts
I emailed the ask joe site concerning the full quarter panel and full floor. I will post it when I get an answer. Maybe some of the mustang dealer have an inside scoop on this issue?

On my wish list is the coupe deck filler panel between the trunk lid and rear window. I do think our years are becoming more popular though so maybe a chance.
That would be great if they would repo that section. I have two cars that have this area rusted out. I have been searching for a suitable replacement from a donor car and they are always rusted out as well. Right by the rear window in the corners!

Go to the Dynacorn website, Select "Mustang," then select "Year" (1971-1973), the check the 'New Items' box.

Full quarters are available (according to the website). No price and no pictures. But they should have some information about them by now in the Ask Joe section.

Go to the Dynacorn website, Select "Mustang," then select "Year" (1971-1973), the check the 'New Items' box.

Full quarters are available (according to the website). No price and no pictures. But they should have some information about them by now in the Ask Joe section.
You can just order them from me :D

Limited quanities at this time 479.95 + frt

I remember that Cudak was still looking for one. He'll probably be Dons first sale.

I remember that Cudak was still looking for one. He'll probably be Dons first sale.
Well, look at that. Just as I predicted - the moment I'd snag an NOS panel, the repops would show up.

Not concerned though - very happy with my NOS panel, and I'm not sure I'll ever trust a repop quarter.

-Kurt

You can just order them from me :D

Limited quanities at this time 479.95 + frt
Hey Don, I haven't been on here in a while or worked on my car... But this interests me quite a bit! Do these quarters have the piece that welds in at the package tray?

Sorry to revive an old thread but I see that there is now a one-piece floor pan offered on Mustangs Unlimited, has anyone installed a one-piece pan yet? If so, any links to the install, I did search but didn't find anything. Also, does the one-piece come with the inner rocker panels, hard to tell with the pics on Mustangs Unlimited. Gonna be starting my project soon and just looking for the best methods and sources.

Thanks in Advance

Tom

I talked to guy who did a full floor on a 71 once.  It was from a donor car, but he shared the tip for success.

Most think you must bring the floor in from the bottom, meaning you need to fold the rear seat pan area inward to clear the frame rails at the rear of the car.  My friend said you can keep the panel as stamped if you have fully removed the windshield, dash, steering column and possibly the pedal box.  Anyway, the full floor will go in through the windshield opening at the base of the A-pillars and drop into place that way.

May sound like extra work, but you usually have all that stuff out in a restoration anyway.

kcmash

John, NOT intending to hi-jack your post for anther, BUT this is an excellent picture of the brake booster and column area for those who recently asked about the installation of power booster in a non-power car. It very clearly shows the bolt pattern and shape of the cut-out.

If you are able, could you repost this portion in the appropriate thread? ( I'll see if I can find it and amend this. Ok it's "Firewall Hacked for PWR brake conversion" by scgamecock in suspension, brakes catagory)

Looks like you're doing a really good job there my friend. Keep us posted on progress.

Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back