New guy from IL

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73429mach

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
1972 Mustang Mach 1 under construction
Hi, I've been a member for quite awhile, just never posted. I own two Mach 1's, a restored Red 73 with a 429/C6 and my current project a Grabber Blue 72. Great info and tech on this site, its the first thing I check when I get on the computer.

Talk about flying under the radar! Well it's about time you posted. ;)

Seriously, glad you are here and welcome! I hope you decide to become a regular poster because we all have something to offer.

What's your mustang story? How'd you acquire two of them? Are both 429s? We love pics.

Be sure to drop a pin on our ember map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Grabber blue, that's a cool colour. Hope to see pics soon.

Welcome.

::welcome:: from another big block owner .:worthlesswithoutpics:

Thanks for the warm welcome. The 73 is an original 351C 2V car, now with 429/C6 and the 72 is an 302 c4. I haven't decided on what is going back in the 72 yet, I have another 429/C6 combo. I'll post some pictures of them both as soon as I figure out how to post them.

welcome from chicago ridge il

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome where in illinois are you located
Around a town called Pocahontas, Il. Its about 40 east of St. Louis MO

Talk about flying under the radar! Well it's about time you posted. ;)

yeah, I thought it was about time to post.

Seriously, glad you are here and welcome! I hope you decide to become a regular poster because we all have something to offer.

What's your mustang story? How'd you acquire two of them? Are both 429s? We love pics.

Well, my red 73 is my first car, got it when was 16 back in 1984. Its originally a 351C. I bought it from my uncle who is also a Mustang fanatic. I drove it as a daily driver until 1993, then parked it and started tearing it apart. I replaced the floors, trunk floor, tail light panel, outer wheel housings, rear qrt skins, 3 engine comp. aprons, pass. side cowl and lower part of the doors. This was my first time painting a car, its not perfect but I have learned from some of my mistakes, hopefully the 72 will be better. It took me eight years of working on it off and on to finish it. I was lucky enough to get it in Mustangs and Fords magazine in May 2002 issue, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Now the 72 I bought in 2006. Its just a base model 302 Mach 1, standard interior, not a lot of options. It was painted a dark metallic blue when i bought it. It ran but had been sitting for awhile and wasn't road worthy. I didn't know it was grabber blue until i started taking it apart. I have already replaced both full floor pans, both rear qtr skins, outer wheel housings, radiator support, all 4 engine comp. aprons and the pass. side cowl. I have all the underneath and engine compartment painted in Grabber Blue. I still have some metal fab. to do around the windshield frame then I can start the body work on the top side and maybe get it painted this year. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the 302 back in or maybe another 429. I'll try to post some pictures.

Be sure to drop a pin on our ember map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back