New guy from IL

73429mach

Hi, I've been a member for quite awhile, just never posted. I own two Mach 1's, a restored Red 73 with a 429/C6 and my current project a Grabber Blue 72. Great info and tech on this site, its the first thing I check when I get on the computer.

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

Welcome from another Grabber Blue 72 owner!

Talk about flying under the radar! Well it's about time you posted. ;)

Seriously, glad you are here and welcome! I hope you decide to become a regular poster because we all have something to offer.

What's your mustang story? How'd you acquire two of them? Are both 429s? We love pics.

Be sure to drop a pin on our ember map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

spacer.png

An official welcome from west Michigan! It sounds like you have a couple of nice cars there!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Welcome from TriCities WA.

-jbojo

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Grabber blue, that's a cool colour. Hope to see pics soon.

Welcome.

Mustang, Mach 1 and 351

Glad to hear you are finding the site useful. You know the drill; post up some pictures.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

::welcome:: from another big block owner .:worthlesswithoutpics:

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

Thanks for the warm welcome. The 73 is an original 351C 2V car, now with 429/C6 and the 72 is an 302 c4. I haven't decided on what is going back in the 72 yet, I have another 429/C6 combo. I'll post some pictures of them both as soon as I figure out how to post them.

welcome from chicago ridge il

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

welcome where in illinois are you located

Around a town called Pocahontas, Il. Its about 40 east of St. Louis MO

I drove right by there Thursday evening headed home from St. Louis.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Talk about flying under the radar! Well it's about time you posted. ;)

yeah, I thought it was about time to post.

Seriously, glad you are here and welcome! I hope you decide to become a regular poster because we all have something to offer.

What's your mustang story? How'd you acquire two of them? Are both 429s? We love pics.

Well, my red 73 is my first car, got it when was 16 back in 1984. Its originally a 351C. I bought it from my uncle who is also a Mustang fanatic. I drove it as a daily driver until 1993, then parked it and started tearing it apart. I replaced the floors, trunk floor, tail light panel, outer wheel housings, rear qrt skins, 3 engine comp. aprons, pass. side cowl and lower part of the doors. This was my first time painting a car, its not perfect but I have learned from some of my mistakes, hopefully the 72 will be better. It took me eight years of working on it off and on to finish it. I was lucky enough to get it in Mustangs and Fords magazine in May 2002 issue, just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Now the 72 I bought in 2006. Its just a base model 302 Mach 1, standard interior, not a lot of options. It was painted a dark metallic blue when i bought it. It ran but had been sitting for awhile and wasn't road worthy. I didn't know it was grabber blue until i started taking it apart. I have already replaced both full floor pans, both rear qtr skins, outer wheel housings, radiator support, all 4 engine comp. aprons and the pass. side cowl. I have all the underneath and engine compartment painted in Grabber Blue. I still have some metal fab. to do around the windshield frame then I can start the body work on the top side and maybe get it painted this year. I haven't decided if I'm going to put the 302 back in or maybe another 429. I'll try to post some pictures.

Be sure to drop a pin on our ember map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.