gasmonkeygarage car 72 FB

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was on tonight's show. It's being auctioned now. Over 100 bids so far.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291109842425

40 Grand come on what is so special about a fastback with hardly any rust With no options. I just do not get it. Slap on a set of nice rims and tires good paint a few motor up grades. You are paying for a name A name that no ever heard until the discorvery channel pick these guys up. 40 Grand That's just crazy. Well good for them When you work hard and go for gold you make happen. Do you think in 20 years that car will be worth 40 grand?

Now it says $55900. Just crazy. Did I miss something. I've been reading post about this car on Fast & Loud facebook page. Everybody has and opinion. Now 100k. somethings not right

My garage http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=40

73 mach 1 351c 4v cc ported, torker2, 750 edelbrock,C6.

73 fastback 351c 2v,performer intake,600 edelbrock,fmx, 325 trac-lok.

Now it says $55900. Just crazy. Did I miss something. I've been reading post about this car on Fast & Loud facebook page. Everybody has and opinion. Now 100k. somethings not right

Current as I just looked at it $100,600.00 something fishy with that there I tell you what. :dodgy: They are selling the show not the car lol

- Lee

Yea I agree some thing is not right with this auction 100,00,00 for a fastback wow. I know what it is a one of one 1971 boss302/Shelby/429 scj Thats got to be it HA Ha hA

looks like they may have had some serious bids into the 50's before some asshats began f'ing around All the numbers blow my mind

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

his 69 boss 429 only went for 165k at barret jackson, go figure

If you saw the car during the show, you wouldn't believe it. Plain jane car, h code, no options cept ac and ps

It is about the popularity of this show and this being the first car they have done an episode about and then offered for sale. This show is wildly popular. Including, apparently, enough rabid fans who have serious $$.

$106,100! That's crazy money for the fastback. Even the Instrument gauges have the old fogged up lens.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

That kinda bidding/money and it has an unfinished engine compartment and used looking floor mats to boot..not to mention sun baked interior/ unmatched plastic. I smell shill bidding.........

Why For 17,000. I'd sell them my immaculate 04 GT Premium with just 11,000mi on the clock! ( yes, it is for sale)

hj.thumb.jpg.675f88b0533030039e1549495a84810f.jpg

This for +$100,000?!?!? This some bullsh*** id rather eat 3cans of shark sh** from a rusty can before I buy the POS they selling.

1972 Mach1 H-code 351C - 2V - bought 10/5/2010 still a headeache

1972 Grande coupe Inline 6 1bbl - dad bought in 90's Sold

Now at $200,000. One of the last bidders shows 83% of his bids to this seller...

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

Shilled twice over by the production company. Given the profitability of the show, the production company can afford to buy the car to maintain the ruse, build show interest, and avoid criminal charges.

It wouldn't be the first time they fake something of this nature. The Lincoln Mark III they "bought for $5k" was bought for $10k - $5k of the garage's money and $5k of the production company's money, the latter "donation" conveniently not declared on the show.

Of all the reality car shows out there, Gas Monkey - besides being one of the weakest offerings (frankly, only Hemmings My Classic Car, Chasing Classic Cars, and Wheeler Dealers are worth their salt) - seems to have the seediest reputation out there, even preceding the existence of Fast and Loud with the HRM scandal (granted, overblown). They have a tendency to overcompensate through bizarre shock value, of which this is simply another form.

Fact is, anyone else could create an eBay account as described here - http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/letters/blog.pl?/pl/2010/8/1280866883.html - and outbid the shills to the tune of $2 million - then fail to pay. Nobody would believe a '71-73 Mustang would bring that kind of money, and the repost of the car would embarrass them if the blogging media were to notice the story unfolding.

-Kurt

P.S.: First time I've seen a glued-in trunk floor patch. Looks ugly, but a good quick-fix for a forum member on a budget. Car looks like it had an older paint resto on it that went to the jambs, and someone put the correct labels on it. Too bad they had to screw with it, because it would look stunning in stock configuration.

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

One plausible idea that the price went up some(not that stupid over bid amount) is the original family wants the car back. People are willing to pay alot for sentimental when they see a car they know and love up and running drivable again. Seen a number of times over the years.

In no way implying anything like the prices that thing has reached. Once it reached 100k it is apparent someone is shill bidding or you have a bunch of phony bids.

$200,000!!

I think the value of my Mustang, which is 200% better condition in and out just jumped up big time :D

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]