New top question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible 351c 4v 4 speed

2013 Mustang Boss 302
My 71 convertible is finally being delivered in the morning. I have ordered a new top for it (the original material and glass back window). What should I check that might also need to be replaced as part of installing the new top? I've never had a convertible before so I'm not sure if the weather stripping is the same or different. Just looking for advice about anything else I might should order before I take the car to have the new top put on. Don't want to get delayed having to order new parts after they get half way through.

My 71 convertible is finally being delivered in the morning. I have ordered a new top for it (the original material and glass back window). What should I check that might also need to be replaced as part of installing the new top? I've never had a convertible before so I'm not sure if the weather stripping is the same or different. Just looking for advice about anything else I might should order before I take the car to have the new top put on. Don't want to get delayed having to order new parts after they get half way through.
Good choice bring the car to a shop to out the top on.

This is one area where it's real tough for a DIY'er.

Latest posts

Back