It´s official: I´m getting old.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Ok, I´ve had glasses since I was 18 because I was myopic (short-sighted). Lately I´ve noticed that my arms seem to be getting too short to read anything.

Turns out now I need reading glasses too! Great. What´s next? Felt slippers? Plaids for watching TV? Should I start stacking adhesive cream? When will nose hair trimmers be on sale?

:dodgy:

I´m too young to get old!!! :mad:

Welcome to my world.....

[align=left]

That's not bad, I went ahead and got hearing aids in January!
I'm trying to get the VA to pay for mine, waiting to hear back. Hearing test shows I need them, agreed with what my wife's been telling me :s

50 years old??? That makes you a youngster:p[/align]

Mike, we are the same age. I can still read at a normal distance but my low light reading abilities are shot. i used to be able to see (and read even) in dim light. Now I need good lighting conditions to read.

What´s next?
Solar lentigines...

sn22_solarlentigo.jpg

followed by Solar elastosis...

mcdc22_elastosis.jpg

Now I'm depressed. :(

Oddly enough, I was prescribed glasses for near-sightedness when I was 10 "for reading and watching TV." Well, when I wore them I noticed I couldn't see sh!t long distance for about an hour after reading or watching TV and wearing the glasses - so I just kept wearing them all the time. When I hit high school, I'd had enough of the glasses (too cool for them, I guess), and surprisingly, my eyes actually got better.

My eyes are kind of weird. Some days, I'm 20/20-ish... and others I'm 20/30, to 20/40 - depending on how much rest I get. I'm also slightly red-green color blind, which might explain why a good set of polarized sun-glasses seems to improve my vision as well.

"Age" for me comes in the form of achy joints and blown-out knees.

I had lasik done several years ago, best money I ever spent, went from 20/300 to 20/15 in less than an hour, it was no more glasses until recently. My distance has held up really well since the procedure but age has resulted in me now needing reading glasses, especially in low light, so I bought a Cosco pack of cheap reading glasses and have spread them all over the house and in each car.

I had lasik done several years ago, best money I ever spent, went from 20/300 to 20/15 in less than an hour, it was no more glasses until recently. My distance has held up really well since the procedure but age has resulted in me now needing reading glasses, especially in low light, so I bought a Cosco pack of cheap reading glasses and have spread them all over the house and in each car.
My story exactly! LASIK about 15 years ago or so. Best Monet I ever spent!!!! It took about a year or so to break the habit of feeling for my glasses when getting out of bed.

I'm 54 and need reading glasses now. I am still fighting it - I don't carry them with me much but have a few pairs 'strategically placed' around the house and my office!

If that's not denial - what is? :)

Hey I'm not THAT OLD! I still don't have to sit on that donut!!!! :whistling:

For those of you that know about this I am sorry!!! Well kinda... rofl

Ray

Oddly enough, I was prescribed glasses for near-sightedness when I was 10 "for reading and watching TV." Well, when I wore them I noticed I couldn't see sh!t long distance for about an hour after reading or watching TV and wearing the glasses - so I just kept wearing them all the time. When I hit high school, I'd had enough of the glasses (too cool for them, I guess), and surprisingly, my eyes actually got better.

My eyes are kind of weird. Some days, I'm 20/20-ish... and others I'm 20/30, to 20/40 - depending on how much rest I get. I'm also slightly red-green color blind, which might explain why a good set of polarized sun-glasses seems to improve my vision as well.

"Age" for me comes in the form of achy joints and blown-out knees.
Hey Eric, how's your blood sugar? It can do strange things with your vision.

I just turned 56, I've been wearing glasses for a little over 40 years. They wouldn't let me take drivers ed until I got em.

It's like Garth Brooks sang... "I'm much too young to feel this damn old" !!!

Bah. Try three different prescriptions: one for long distance/driving/TV watching, one for computer work, and another for fine detail work. For really fine detailed stuff, I have a pair of 2x binocular loupes.

You really feel your age when you can't button your trousers, can't reach your toes to clip the nails, and throw out the AARP applications that come in the mail.

I'm almost blind, I have been very near sighted for years (I told my wife it was from girly videos). I turn 40 next week and the eye doctor told me that I'm not there but reaching the age for eye glasses. Ug

Bah. Try three different prescriptions: one for long distance/driving/TV watching, one for computer work, and another for fine detail work. For really fine detailed stuff, I have a pair of 2x binocular loupes.

You really feel your age when you can't button your trousers, can't reach your toes to clip the nails, and throw out the AARP applications that come in the mail.
Hah! Can't button your trousers? My weight loss secret - Buy bigger pants. :D

Back