can't figure it out

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
Ok take a look at the green mustang beside mine If you look at the quarter windows it has a chrome trim. It's as if he had a vinyl roof. The owner say's it's a Mach one but I have never seen that before.

2007_0622stangvideoand0087.JPG

what I mean is there is a chrome trim that continues past the quarter window for about 12" then goes up ti the roof all the way to the other side.

wierd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
what I mean is there is a chrome trim that continues past the quarter window for about 12" then goes up ti the roof all the way to the other side.
I saw a 73 Mach with a vinyl top at a Mustang show here in Huntsville. Can't recall exactly how the top ended, but I guess that could be it.

I saw a 73 Mach with a vinyl top at a Mustang show here in Huntsville. Can't recall exactly how the top ended, but I guess that could be it.

guess there weren't to many of those. Maybe he should of done a from the dealer resto. I have not seen many vinyl tops on are cars especially Mach 1's.

Maybe it's a rare option car.

guess there weren't to many of those. Maybe he should of done a from the dealer resto. I have not seen many vinyl tops on are cars especially Mach 1's.

What ever it is it looks like....Well you know...I have never seen a factory stock mach 1 with a vinyl roof ,some sports roofs (fastback) yes, but that wasn't where the roof ended..

What ever it is it looks like....Well you know...I have never seen a factory stock mach 1 with a vinyl roof ,some sports roofs (fastback) yes, but that wasn't where the roof ended..

I know that is what I am trying to figure out because that is original to his car and I haven't seen anything like it.:shrug2:

Mine is a 73 H code Mach 1 Vin 3F05H According to K Marti's tag book: BROWN=Brown Vinyl top which i had to do a little research on mine due to conflicting VIN numbers but with fenders off and buck tag matching mine came from factory with 3/4 vinyl top but they stop before getting that far back.I did some looking to see if i wanted to put back on or not and this is what they look like
car1.jpg
72Mach1.jpg
[/u]

My coupe has a factory vinyl roof! We're putting it back on for that old school muscle car look! LOL! (Vinyl roof and hub caps!)

I've seen the 3/4 top before but nothing like the trim on that one. Thats Grande style molding. If you see it again check out his vin. It will tell the story. Think some one lied to him.

I've seen the 3/4 top before but nothing like the trim on that one. Thats Grande style molding. If you see it again check out his vin. It will tell the story. Think some one lied to him.
I agree but he has a fastback roof so it's completely confusing. I will definitely get his vin number and check it out. because I had seen some with vinyl roofs but have never seen that molding on a fastback. You guys are confirming what I thought. This is a weird car hahaha

I guess maybe the guy he bought the car from had no clue about these cars and saw the molding on a grande and thought that's what they all had. Then added it to his car. Because he swears it was on the car when he bought it. But then again I have talked a little with this person and he seemed to be the type of person to just fork over the money and let someone else do the work. He couldn't answer the simplest questions on our cars. {And I was a newbie had only had my car for 1 month at that point} And I new more then him and he had had his car for over 2 years. When I saw him last summer I told him about this site and he sort of blew it off like he didn't really care. The more I write about him the less I like him hahahaha that car neds to be in the hands of someone who will appreciate it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a friend whos family owned a ford dealership until the early 80's. His father informed me that there were trim guys that would travel throughout a multi-state area adding vinyl roofs to whatever car a customer wanted. I suspect this may be an installation done by a previous owner and not as a factory installation. Just my thought.

Back