• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Q Code Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72Tony

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q code, 4 speed, Factory air, power windows,tinted glass,fold down seat, Nevaada car.
After approx. 17 years I have decided to part with my 72 Mach. This car had a detailed cosmetic restoration when purchased by myself. The car was originally sold in Las Vegas Nevada at Friendly Ford and bought by a Canadian and transported here approx.24yrs ago. It never was driven after sold by its original owner until I completed the restoration. I consider this car to be one of the best remaining Mach's of its time because of its condition and options. To the best of my ability I will try to describe this car and its characteristics.

1972 Mach1

Q Code Cobra Jet Block

4 Speed Manual Transmission

Factory Air

Tinted Windows

Rim Blow Wheel

Instrument Package

Fold Down Seat

Factory Power Windows

Auto Folding seat Solenoids

Deluxe Door Panels

AM/FM Radio

As mentioned earlier the car was sold out of Nevada at Friendly Ford which I believe is still in operation. The car was purchased and brought to Sudbury Ontario where it sat for approx. 7 years. I purchased the car and stripped down to bare metal removing two coats of paint. The body had no rust or patches but there was a little bondo on the passenger door indicating a some sort of small mishap in the past. The car was painted Black with Silver accents the opposite of its original state which was Silver with Black accents. The floors rockers and all body panels have never had any rust repair. While dismantling for restoration i discovered many original markings such as the assembly line codes penciled on the headlight bracket. The original stampings are still visible on all areas of the car including the underneath on the rocker panels. The car did very well when I used to attend car shows but have not driven it very much over the last few years so I have decided to put it up for sale. I will try to attach some pictures and if someone is interested in getting more info or pics just let me know. There is info on the car on this site such as the Marti Report and pics in th gallery. The car is located in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and will have to get picked up here if sold. Price $26,000US. Thanks for your interest.
357jcd1.jpg
9b9bte.jpg
1zei4ps.jpg
29osx8g.jpg
aazx20.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice options on the car, good luck on ur sale

Completely off topic but one of my best friends goes by the same last name as you. There are not many of you. :)

Completely off topic but one of my best friends goes by the same last name as you. There are not many of you. :)
That's cool. Does he love Mustangs also? Checked out your video. Really nice job.

That's cool. Does he love Mustangs also? Checked out your video. Really nice job.
He does like classic cars but he's not a car guy. I'm the godfather of his daughter btw.

Thanks for the kudos on the video. Oh, and I forgot: good luck with you sale!

After approx. 17 years I have decided to part with my 72 Mach. This car had a detailed cosmetic restoration when purchased by myself. The car was originally sold in Las Vegas Nevada at Friendly Ford and bought by a Canadian and transported here approx.24yrs ago. It never was driven after sold by its original owner until I completed the restoration. I consider this car to be one of the best remaining Mach's of its time because of its condition and options. To the best of my ability I will try to describe this car and its characteristics.

1972 Mach1

Q Code Cobra Jet Block

Factory Air

Tinted Windows

Rim Blow Wheel

Instrument Package

Fold Down Seat

Factory Power Windows

Deluxe Door Panels

AM/FM Radio

As mentioned earlier the car was sold out of Nevada at Friendly Ford which I believe is still in operation. The car was purchased and brought to Sudbury Ontario where it sat for approx. 7 years. I purchased the car and stripped down to bare metal removing two coats of paint. The body had no rust or patches but there was a little bondo on the passenger door indicating a some sort of small mishap in the past. The car was painted Black with Silver accents the opposite of its original state which was Silver with Black accents. The floors rockers and all body panels have never had any rust repair. While dismantling for restoration i discovered many original markings such as the assembly line codes penciled on the headlight bracket. The original stampings are still visible on all areas of the car including the underneath on the rocker panels. The car did very well when I used to attend car shows but have not driven it very much over the last few years so I have decided to put it up for sale. I will try to attach some pictures and if someone is interested in getting more info or pics just let me know. There is info on the car on this site such as the Marti Report and pics in th gallery. The car is located in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and will have to get picked up here if sold. Price $27,000US. Thanks for your interest.
357jcd1.jpg
9b9bte.jpg
1zei4ps.jpg
29osx8g.jpg
aazx20.jpg
Tony this looks like a very nice car with a great spec and a fair price. I bought mine last year off Classiccars.com with a similar but not quite so good spec and unrestored for $23k Good luck with the sale

1972 Mach1

Q Code Cobra Jet Block

Factory Air

Tinted Windows

Rim Blow Wheel

Instrument Package

Fold Down Seat

Factory Power Windows

Deluxe Door Panels

AM/FM Radio

As mentioned earlier the car was sold out of Nevada at Friendly Ford which I believe is still in operation. The car was purchased and brought to Sudbury Ontario where it sat for approx. 7 years. I purchased the car and stripped down to bare metal removing two coats of paint. The body had no rust or patches but there was a little bondo on the passenger door indicating a some sort of small mishap in the past. The car was painted Black with Silver accents the opposite of its original state which was Silver with Black accents. The floors rockers and all body panels have never had any rust repair. While dismantling for restoration i discovered many original markings such as the assembly line codes penciled on the headlight bracket. The original stampings are still visible on all areas of the car including the underneath on the rocker panels. The car did very well when I used to attend car shows but have not driven it very much over the last few years so I have decided to put it up for sale. I will try to attach some pictures and if someone is interested in getting more info or pics just let me know. There is info on the car on this site such as the Marti Report and pics in th gallery. The car is located in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and will have to get picked up here if sold. Price $27,000US. Thanks for your interest.
357jcd1.jpg
9b9bte.jpg
1zei4ps.jpg
29osx8g.jpg
aazx20.jpg
Tony this looks like a very nice car with a great spec and a fair price. I bought mine last year off Classiccars.com with a similar but not quite so good spec and unrestored for $23k Good luck with the sale
Thankyou.

Back