Door Panel Rental

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
OK, so I have been calling TMI every week for the past 2 months to see when they will have the 71-73 Deluxe Doors Panels in production. Latest update is that they are awaiting parts from a supplier by this Friday. If they have a quality problem it will extend them further out. This is the last interior part I needed to have a completly new interior in the car. The way I see it here are my options:

Put the original door panels back in. I have 2 very nice passanger side panels and my original drivers side panel has a crack about 8 inches long on the armrest where you can see the foam underlining.

I have called 2 local vinyl repair shops and both have stated they could not fix the cracked drivers side. I told them even temporarily until TMI has the panels ready.

Order another manufacturer door panel. I have looked at several other brands and have considered them. My concern is vinyl match to the TMI black vinyl used on the outside of my seats.

OR, rent a good drivers side door panel from someone for a week and put the good passanger side on. When the show is over ship the door panel back to its owner.

Feedback is appreciated even more so if the crazy idea of a door panle rental holds any merit.

No judging in Charlotte, it just sucks to have busted my $@!*&%^ for the past 5 years to get this close to completed and then not have the icing on the cake. I know this s my moment to whine and please just give me this moment. We all know we have this vision in our mind of when the car is done and how it will look. My vision did not include a carck in the drivers door panel.

Hi just keep your driver side door closed an open your pass door people will look at the pass side if the doors open and will not see your bad panel have fun at the 50th enjoy its not judged.

Goodness it's at the 50th, yeah I can see where you want a good door panel.

Your panels are black now right? I wonder if you could make it look a little better by filling it with RTV or ??

My vert has the deluxe panels made by mustang market that are sold by most vendors. I have tmi upholstery. All in black. I see no differences in color.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can get a vinyl repair fix the crack ,then spray the panels with vinyl spray paint, the paint is about $8.00 a can 2 cans should be more than enough @ o'reilly's or autozone i hope you have black interior.you might try some type of flex calk or silicon as a temp fix

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Don at Ohio Mustang. I got a pair of deluxe repo door panels and they were a great fit and the color was prefect.
::thumb::

Thank you

Don

I did take the advice offered up in some other postings on door panels. I called around to several dealerships this morning and a few mentioned a mobile guy in the area here who works on vinyl interiors. I am going to meet him @ 4 today with the door panel I have in the back of my truck to take a look at it. I know it will not be perfect and I have come to accept that until the TMI panels are ready. If it is going to be more than a couple of weeks for TMI I will shift to another manufacturer. I know TMI will be at the CHarlotte show and the Mustang Interior Sales Mgr. that I have been talking to will be there. I will get to ask her in person what the real deal is with their door panels. If I don't get a good feeling that they will be ready soon I will move on. Right now it is time to clean up my original panels as best as possible and get them mounted for Charlotte. Alignment shop on Friday.

That's great news, Rozz! I too [now] have TMI seats, and was planning on getting my door panels from Don as well. ::thumb::

I have heard a lot of good things on different threads about the door panels Don has at Ohio Mustang Supply (not sure what brand they are).

- And for all the help he has given to me and TONS of others on here - he has and will continue to have my business.

Thanks Don!

I'm still adding to my list! :)

Ray

Back