Front Sway Bar Options

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernard0431

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
My retirement project. All upgraded components have been sourced from junkyards.
I'm looking to swap out the sway bar on my 71 Mach 1. I know 75-80 Granadas are ideal. Ford parts are commonly interchangeable with other models over the years.

I found a few mid to late 70's T birds at a local yard. The front Sway bars look about 1" in diameter. Is it possible that the 77 T Bird and Granada sway bar are the same?

Are there any other Ford Lincoln Mercury donor cars out there that share the Granada sway bar?

+2, For about $100 you can get a 1" sway bar with all the fittings and save yourself a headache. The ones sold here by the vendors install without any fitment issues.

I figured I can get one from a vendor but part of the reason I'm looking in junkyards is to spend the least amount of money on upgrades and save all my hard earned pennies for the body and paint.

Does anyone know if the 77 T Bird Sway bar will fit on a 77 Granada?

Sway bar =$15

Hardware =12.65

Total $27.65

Just an update on this sway bar situation. I found a 1977 Granada in San Bernardino, Ca. The front sway bar was still there so I picked it up. The Granada sway bar next to the 77 Thunderbird bar looks like a small child standing next to a giant. Even though its the same year the two are not inter-changing.

I agree with Jay. Just buy a new one. I try to figure how much my time is worth by the hour.

Ron

Back