Strut rod support brace

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddrum

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe
This is my first post and I hate to ask for help but here goes. I have a 72 coupe and I need a strut rod support brace. Mine has some rust issues. Can't seem to find them any where. Any help would be great.

I have had to section out and replace the rusted sections in the past. Then grind flat and level with light filler. So far I have not had to exceed about 8"x 2". They come pretty good.

thanks for the reply Judge. I have a similar situation but I really wanted to replace the entire section. I just finished welding in a patch which is about 4X3. don't really think it will hurt the integrity of the support.

Mine wasn't rusted, but severely mangled and damaged to the point that I had to have my friend fabricate a new crossmember from scratch and sort it out. Was not a fun job.

Judge, I feel bad but been here all my life and never heard of them. I will look them up. Thanks For the info

They are on rt 1. Just above 295 in Ashland. They have a Mustang salvage yard. And sell new parts also. I got a cross member there a few years ago. It had been loosely welded in as a replacement. It was just like nos. Found it in the yard wondering around.

Back