Hello 717273mustangs.com... er uh.. 7173mustangs.com

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave72Rcode

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
351 HO R Code
Power Windows
3rd Owner since 1983
hello there 717273mustangs... haha :p ... i mean, 7173mustangs.com

i'm new to this forum (i think... lol)

hope to spend some time here... been restoring my 1972 Mach 1 for the past year (non-op prior 20 years) and have done so many bone-headed things... well, i might not spend much time here until May cuz I'm furiously trying to get CHRISTINE road worth for the 10 HOUR DRIVE to Las Vegas NEXT WEEK!! I've spent 5-8 hours a day straight for the past 2 weeks..i'm spent (tired) and spent (broke.. over budget)...

Happy 50th to the Mustang on April 17... (and happy 50th to me too the day after...)

ciao for now

Welcome to the site from Virginia. I hope you have her up and running for the trip. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

::welcome:: from Maine

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas! I'm looking forward to seeing your car!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

We are beginning to build a strong group of 72 R code Mustangs! (one of my personal favorites)

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your car.

Ray

thanks for the welcomes from all the country and world! wow

attached is a pix of the restoration in progress...

and a youtube link to the motor getting the idle tuned after a top end rebuild with new shortys, exhausts, etc.

today, i will be adding new weatherstripping, taking apart center console & adding LEDs ahead of the perfect fit a/c install this weekend.. also, FIRE the engine after sitting for 2 months while doing all new brakes, rotors, master cylinder, new coils & springs, new bilsteins, new 1-1/8" sway bar, new open tracker roller perches, new upper & lower control arms, new tcp bump steer, new pitman arm, new power steering pump, new 1 wire alternator, new ws6/vette qr steering box... oh, and i forgot, got a new TKO600 installed with a spintech aluminum driveshaft... will i drag or open track CHRISTINE?

if u are a purist, maybe you will look in disgust... it's more a day 2 restomod... subtle bolt on stuff mostly...

see ya

20131108 259 sm.jpg

It is your vision, I doubt anyone here will be negative. One great thing about this forum is the hot rodders and the Concours guys all seem to respect one anothers vehicles for what they are, rather than thinking they should be a certain way.

My car is a visual bastard of a 73 with a 72 front grill and sport lamps and a black fiberglass front bumper. my brakes, engine, radiator, transmission, seats and much more are all not stock-not once has anyone said anything negative.

Personally I want to know more about your mods as your car sounds very cool.

I definitely prefer a well preserved original or a properly restored car.

But more than anything - build it to YOUR liking and ENJOY it!

There are MANY modified cars I have seen that I would love to own and drive.

I have a ton of respect for all the vision, hard work and craftsmanship it takes to build and maintain any of our cars.

You are going to like this 'site.

BTW - Thanks for the pic! Ray

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I am definitely not a purist, so go ahead. :)

By the way, you raised an interesting point in your intro. this is 7173mustangs..... so what are the guys with the 72 supposed to do?

I guess I´ll start my own 72 forum....... with blackjack... and hookers! :)

Yeah, yeah, yeah.... just up the ante and suddenly everybody wants to play along. :)

Anybody know where that "Blackjack and hookers" quote is from? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back