351 Cleveland bearings and camshaft

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Convertible Mustang 351 C 2V H Code automatic transmission
Hello everyone

I have to order the bearings set and the camshaft for my 351 Cleveland engine H code 2V installed on my 1971 Stang with FMX automatc Turn O Matic transmission

Since I'm from Italy and I have to order in the USA the seller ( Summit ), told me that it's not enough provide the engine detail 351 Cleveland H code 2V

Could you please help me to send more info to the seller to find the appropriate bearigs an camshaft ?

Thanks

Dallas

Dallas-

For the bearings, Summit will need to know if the crankshaft has been turned (ground or re-sized) from its original outer diameter. Typically, rod and main bearings are specified as standard (original journal diameter), 0.010" (original journal size minus 0.01") and so forth usually up to 0.020" under.

As far as the camshaft, there are many different options from many manufacturers. If you would like a stock replacement, the sales person should be able to suggest something that will work.

Are you trying to do a stock rebuild or increase performance over stock?

Thanks a lot

I'm just fixing the engine because a dumb ass ( sorry for my language ) italian mechanic changed me the distributor and I dunno why he didn't engaged well the oil pump shaft and suddently I started to hear a grinding noise I took of the oil pan and I realized that the oil pump shaft was consumed in the middle

I didn't drive the car of course but now I'd like to order the bearing sets and the camshaft just in case that they would be broken or worn but I don't want incrase the power, just jave the original ones

Thanks

Dallas-

For the bearings, Summit will need to know if the crankshaft has been turned (ground or re-sized) from its original outer diameter. Typically, rod and main bearings are specified as standard (original journal diameter), 0.010" (original journal size minus 0.01") and so forth usually up to 0.020" under.

As far as the camshaft, there are many different options from many manufacturers. If you would like a stock replacement, the sales person should be able to suggest something that will work.

Are you trying to do a stock rebuild or increase performance over stock?

Do you say culo! in italian?Or is it idiota? Yea that would tick me off knowing that someone who is supposed to fix your car made a mistake and caused more damage!

In this case it would be stronzo in italian ( turd I hope not to be banned ) not culo. Culo is butt and idiota idiot

In any case I dunno exactly ( till I will install the new oil pump ) if the damage the dumb ass italian mechanic caused caused would need also to get new bearings and camshaft

I hope not

Do you say culo! in italian?Or is it idiota? Yea that would tick me off knowing that someone who is supposed to fix your car made a mistake and caused more damage!

In this case it would be stronzo in italian ( turd I hope not to be banned ) not culo. Culo is butt and idiota idiot

In any case I dunno exactly ( till I will install the new oil pump ) if the damage the dumb ass italian mechanic caused caused would need also to get new bearings and camshaft

I hope not

Dallas,

I do not think you will need anything other than to get the new pump installed and the distributor put in.

Please keep us posted on how it goes for you.

- Paul

Ciao Paul

Finally I've found a guy here that is a mechanic at the Alfa Romeo dealer ner my house and he was very kind and told me to bring my Stang to his garage and he will replace the new oil pump and adjust the distributor with electronic tools

The matter about bearings and camshaft was just my idea because I have to order the oil pan gaskets and since I will pat the gaskets 12 USD and the shipping 50 USD I was thinking to optimize the shipping cost and maybe order also bearings and camshaft but I think that I will follow your advice and I will order just the oil pan gaskets

I will keep you updated

Thanks again

Fran

Ciao Paul

Finally I've found a guy here that is a mechanic at the Alfa Romeo dealer ner my house and he was very kind and told me to bring my Stang to his garage and he will replace the new oil pump and adjust the distributor with electronic tools

The matter about bearings and camshaft was just my idea because I have to order the oil pan gaskets and since I will pat the gaskets 12 USD and the shipping 50 USD I was thinking to optimize the shipping cost and maybe order also bearings and camshaft but I think that I will follow your advice and I will order just the oil pan gaskets

I will keep you updated

Thanks again

Fran
Fran,

Questo è meraviglioso. Spero che funziona meglio di quanto non sia mai!

Cordiali saluti,

Paul

Wow !

Do you know Italian language ?

Cool

But for me it would be better english, since I have to improve it because within this year, I will move to live and work in Los Angeles, California, where a will open a small deli Italian shop

I hope not to go in bankrupcy after a week ;)

Ciao Paul

I will keep you updated

Thanks again

Fran
Fran,

Questo è meraviglioso. Spero che funziona meglio di quanto non sia mai!

Cordiali saluti,

Paul

Back