Grabber Orange in '71?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

The '71 brochure makes mention of Grabber Orange. Is that right?

I have never seen or heard of a factory- painted Orange '71 Mustang.

Marti's By the Numbers doesn't list Grabber Orange for '71.

FYI, the first and last time I saw Grabber Orange on a '71 (not factory, of course) was on this rolling disaster at Auction America's 2014 Ft. Lauderdale Auction:

http://auctionsamerica.com/events/feature-lots.cfm?SaleCode=FL14&ID=r0261&Order=alphabetical&feature=&collection=&grouping=&category=

And yes, it's a '71 - with a complete '73 front clip on it. Door data plate matched the dash, and it had a '71 302 in it. Cheap spray job on a rough driver.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Rolling disaster? It looks OK in the photos, and based on your description the price seems fair.

I like the fact that it is not marked as or referred to as a Mach 1. Suprising bit of honesty there.

There is at least one member on here who painted his car a grabber orange type color and I think it looks pretty snazzy. I believe it had argent stripes IIRC.

My first Mach 1 was painted a few times in a few different colors. One of the earlier colors was orange so I researched if the orange color could have been factory. I couldn't find orange as a standard factory color but I did discover that grabber orange as well as many other factory Ford colors could be special ordered on our cars. The data plate would be blank on those cars and the Marti report says special color. To my knowledge Marti doesn't have a way to determine the color within his database. Perhaps this info would be on the build sheet or the factory order form if the owner was luck enough to somehow get a copy of it. It may be on the receipt when the customer ordered the car. Those last three are pure speculation.

The most accurate way (to me) would be to match an area of the original paint (like the over spray on the transmission tunnel) with Ford paint chip card from around those years.

I was just noting that "Grabber Orange" was specifically mentioned in the '71 brochure when in fact it was not offered.

its ford orange but not grabber orange competion orange its called

The '71 brochure makes mention of Grabber Orange. Is that right?

I have never seen or heard of a factory- painted Orange '71 Mustang.
146.JPG

It is on the first page with the Pewter Mach 1. It mentions Pewter and Grabber Orange at the end of the paragraph.

boss1ray no is not red it is orange! its a ford orange from a 1969 paint code.
Wow -that's funny. But pics can be deceiving. Check out my photo album.

Of course I am OLD.

I still have hell deciding which of my dark socks are black and which are blue!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Ray

Of course I am OLD.

I still have hell deciding which of my dark socks are black and which are blue!!!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Ray
Me too! And I can't tell my left sock from my right sock either.:s

Of course I am OLD.

Ray
Me too! And I can't tell my left sock from my right sock either.:s
Hey I just want my other sock - washed em - only got one back fron the dryer :mad:

lol i have already looked at your garage and you have a beautiful ride.

Of course I am OLD.

Ray

Back