• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Butt ugly 1971-73 Mach 1/Sportsroof Fiberglass WIDEBODY Quarter Panels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
mustang_widebody_fender_35.jpg

I'm sick of these things in the shed - I can't walk into it anymore because of these things, but I don't want to trash them. Free to a good home that's willing to pick them up or pay freight costs.

These odd, aftermarket quarter panel extensions were removed from a very rough parts car. They have lots of rough areas, TONS of old Bondo remains all over them, and one of the wheel houses has a small hairline crack . Rough fiberglass layup on the bottom. Many mounting boss areas are cracked. Finish is a hodgepodge of primers.

In short, these fenders will need much work, but for the right car, the results will be quite interesting. I've provided a photo of how the RH fender looks when hung on the car to give you an idea of the design. Interesting, to say the least. They aren't to my tastes, but they are undeniably a bit of history left over from the late-1970's and 1980's widebody craze (for better or worse) and perhaps you have a period custom in the works.

These fenders carry the shape of the Sportsroof and Mach 1 quarters and will not fit the coupe or convertible (not without SERIOUS modification, anyway).

PM if you want em. Miami, Florida area.

mustang_widebody_fender_19.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_20.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_21.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_22.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_44.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_36.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_38.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_43.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_45.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_23.jpg

mustang_widebody_fender_26.jpg