1973 Ford Mustang MACH 1 - A/C Q CODE 4SPEED - 4K MI

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 (x3) 73 Grande
68 Coupe
72 Sprint Fastback
72 Sprint convertible, 1 of 50 (sold)
69 GT 500 (sold)
68 Fastback deluxe int. w/bench (sold)
It appears the seat covers have been replaced...I wonder why? And possibly sun damage on the trip reset button shroud?

The gauge needles look very "red" to me, but maybe I am just used to my own faded ones!

Last edited:
I see the seat covers and more. It's been repainted, looks like carpet replaced and lots more.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Think that seat center material appears to be correct "knitted vinyl" for a 73 Mach. I thought only 1971 type "comfort weave" was available aftermarket. Unless he found some original and had TMI custom sew it (which they will do).

Also noticed the stainless bar was cocked on passengers seat.

Speaking of seats (and a shameless beg)...I'm looking for some 73 blue knitted vinyl #2212 in Detroit book, trim code: GB for my 73 Mach front seat restoration. PM me if someone has or knows a source. I placed a request with SMS fabrics again and waiting. Was told some would be available last year but that never happened...

73 seats.jpg

"Comfort weave" and "knitted vinyl" is the same thing. It is just Ford's fancy name for knitted vinyl.

The light grey stripes on the front seats are a dead giveaway that these are TMI reproduction seat covers. The grey stripes on the OEM seats are much darker, and match the color of the gray carpet runners exactly. The carpet runners appear to have the correct color.

The crooked seat button is also a clue, as is the wrinkked fit of the seat cushions. OEM seats always had a nice, tight wrinkle-free fit.

Strange clues for a supposed 4,400 miler...

I'd be proud to call it mine!

Back