Ignition linkage

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72machstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mach1 351c 4spd
I've recently encountered a problem with my 72 Mach and the key will not engage the starter. First thought it was the brass gear in the column which is rotated by the cylinder but then discovered after completely disassembling the column that it's the actuator assembly hat is missing the back two teeth on the actuator, I'm wondering if anyone on this site knows where I can get a new actuator assembly

From everything I've found the part # is a d1 something,I've got the whole part# but it's the same as you listed except the d1. I can't find any place that still makes the part

Ok so the actual part # is a D1AZ-3E723-C however if you look that # up it says it's for about any pickup from the 70's to the 90's but the part does not have the dashes. I'm not sure if ford removed the dashes to create a new part or what, I've looked up the part that you had listed from the master but that doesn't look the same as the one I have removed

Back