Get ready, go!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DragonKnight

Well, here's a few pics of what my gf and I are planning on dealing with over the next several months. Rust in the cowl, dash, floors, inside of the hood, trunk pan, lower quarter panels, trunk lid, and god knows where else. :p

Hopefully our team of her, myself, our two kids, her dad (who's restoring an old Camaro of his own), and possibly a friend or two can pull this off. We already got the floor pans and a MIG welder from Eastwood. Hoping my buddy at work can come in and give us a few tips on welding as well as my gf's dad. Going to be quite a project for us, but we're going to bring this car back to its former glory (and much, much more). :cool:

Rich

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg

image008.jpg

image009.jpg

image010.jpg

image011.jpg

image012.jpg

image013.jpg

image014.jpg

Lots of work...but it will be worth it! Keep us posted!!

Well, here's a few pics of what my gf and I are planning on dealing with over the next several months. Rust in the cowl, dash, floors, inside of the hood, trunk pan, lower quarter panels, trunk lid, and god knows where else. :p

Hopefully our team of her, myself, our two kids, her dad (who's restoring an old Camaro of his own), and possibly a friend or two can pull this off. We already got the floor pans and a MIG welder from Eastwood. Hoping my buddy at work can come in and give us a few tips on welding as well as my gf's dad. Going to be quite a project for us, but we're going to bring this car back to its former glory (and much, much more). :cool:

Rich
I have a feeling you will be watching my videos on cowl repair & butt weldingdancebanana

Looks like a great project - a vision of my car six months ago. In my humble advice, make sure you bag, tag, photograph and measure everything you can as you begin pulling it apart. You've got plenty of support here - both technical and motivational - so don't hesitate to ask for either. In particular, make sure you watch Q's videos, and follow his outstanding work.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Mark

Hi Rich -

You are in good company here - I've seen several guys face the same thing you've got (only much worse), and they've come through it without a scratch (well, maybe a skinned knuckle or two, but nothing too bad :D)

Take a look around the forum (especially Scott's posts (QCode351Mach) - you might get some ideas. And keep posting here so we can follow your progress and lend a hand. Good luck!

Doc

pull your cowl screens and take pics of both ends of the cowl inside, I stuck the camera in for the pics. This area is a real pain to fix with no patch panels available. Leave your shock tower braces on while you do the fender aprons.

as someone else said...detailed pics and measurements of everything you plan to remove.

Take pictures, with a measuring tape used in the picture for a reference point, for the future. Better to have copies upon copies of redundant pictures and measurements than to be stalled looking at the project wishing you knew where or how this goes back on - "I was sure I would remember this .."

All the best. Looking forward to the story unfolding (with pictures of course).

Thanks for the great advice, everyone! I've been using my EVO 4G camera at the moment, but I'll be dusting off my digital camera for next weekend. I'll be bringing in the measuring tape and notepad so I can better document our process. That and we need more baggies as we ran out last weekend, lol. :p

Qcode351mach, the SaturdayMorningGarage.com site is already on my top bookmarks and I am already an big fan of your posts and YouTube vids. Good stuff! ::goodjob::

Rich

Back