Need Helping Wiring in New Custom Gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

the wiring diagram that they sell for our cars is ok but isn't telling us the wire colors and the harness that goes behind the gauge cluster. i am wiring in new custom gauges from Boese Engineering. off the harness behind the gauge cluster, i need to know which color wire is the 12V switch, the ground, the lamp and the fuel sending unit wire. again, the wiring diagram they sell doesn't tell us that wire or at least the color of wire.

any help would be appreciated. thanks!

the wiring diagram that they sell for our cars is ok but isn't telling us the wire colors and the harness that goes behind the gauge cluster. i am wiring in new custom gauges from Boese Engineering. off the harness behind the gauge cluster, i need to know which color wire is the 12V switch, the ground, the lamp and the fuel sending unit wire. again, the wiring diagram they sell doesn't tell us that wire or at least the color of wire.

You're referring to the large connector that goes into the back of the original gauge cluster? If so, it would help to tell us if the car was originally a Tach or Non-Tach car (two different connectors) and then I'm sure someone can throw up the pin-out of the connector which will give you what you need.

You're referring to the large connector that goes into the back of the original gauge cluster? If so, it would help to tell us if the car was originally a Tach or Non-Tach car (two different connectors) and then I'm sure someone can throw up the pin-out of the connector which will give you what you need.
yes that big black connector behind the OEM cluster and yes it is a OEM tach car!

thats exactly what i'm talking about. that diagram doesn't tell you what color the wires are and doesn't include that harness behind the cluster.

Last edited:
thats exactly what i'm talking about. that diagram doesn't tell you what color the wires are and doesn't include that harness behind the cluster.

Maybe this one will help, you can compare the wire to the code in the upper right.

Gauge wiring.jpg

Maybe this one will help, you can compare the wire to the code in the upper right.

this seems like what i need, thanks!

Back