New 1972 owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

afeng79

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Hardtop
Hey all, just bought a 1972 Mustang hardtop last week from the original owner out here in California. No rust, no motor and plenty of body flaws. Bought her for 500 bucks. Then bought a 1971 Thunderjet 429 motor for 500 this weekend. I'm pretty excited to have one of these Mustangs. I love this body style and wish they kept em longer! The car was bought in Austin, TX and still has the original plates in the trunk. Going to be busy with this project for a while. Here she is below...

IMG_7195[1].jpg

IMG_0833[1].jpg

IMG_2563[1].jpg

Congrats on both buys and welcome to the family. Looks like a great starting point on both the car and motor. Keep us posted on your progress and ALWAYS supply pictures. If you run into a roadblock or question let us know. You will find this to be the most informative 71-73 mustang site out there. If we don't know it we can find the information to get it.

Welcome from Bakersfield. I just saw that engine on craigslist yesterday lol. I to got a thunderjet for my cars and stroked it out to a 521 cid, have a few more things to get for it before the swap but cant wait to hear it run. Sounds like you got a great deal on your setup.

Congrats and welcome from West Virginia!

Thanks all. Bakersfield and SoCal ain't too far away. Keep me posted on any good California mustang events.

::welcome:: from another California member, down in San Diego! Congrats on the buys, excellent score for those prices, wish I could find a full car and that motor for a grand! Enjoy the wealth of knowledge on this forum and remember we love pictures!

Welcome from Texas! That looks like a fun project. Nice Flag!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back