headers on the engine

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
Is it possible to drop the engine {351c} in the car with the full lenght headers on the engine.I am pretty sure the answer is no but thought I'd see what you guys have done.I just want to put as much on the engine before dropping it in.

Is it possible to drop the engine {351c} in the car with the full lenght headers on the engine.I am pretty sure the answer is no but thought I'd see what you guys have done.I just want to put as much on the engine before dropping it in.
My guess is also no, but I have not tried it so I'd also love to hear the response from someone who does know for sure.

(can't blame you for trying. It sure is easier to bolt on before getting it stuffed in there)

When I was running a Cleveland in my '73, I didn't even attempt it. I laid the headers into the bay and lowered the motor unto the headers.

I found that to be a lot less stressful but it may be doable.

BT

Might be possible if you have one of those adjustable trolleys for the engine crane. But it's probably easier to lay the headers in first as suggested above!

Might be possible if you have one of those adjustable trolleys for the engine crane. But it's probably easier to lay the headers in first as suggested above!
we do have the trolley and an electric hoist but it seems simpler to drop the headers in first from what i read.

no, but they are easy to install compared to original exhaust manifolds.

Back