New Mach1 Member

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1cobra

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach1
image.jpgHi Guys,

This is my ride. I imported this 73 Mach1

From Iowa to Melbourne, Australia. Bought off a 65 yr old

Car collector who was downgrading his collection.

The car is in near mint condition. Still holds the original

Paint 9/10 and no rust whatsoever.. Car was kept indoors all its life,

And I believe I am the 3rd owner..

Looking forward to contributing and learning more about these

Cars in this forum..cheers guys!

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Great looking Mach 1. Post up some more pictures. The wheels look great, but just in case you didn't know, the Magnum 500's were not available on the 73's as original. By the way, I have the same tires on my 73 convertible! :)

Welcome from Bundaberg Australia. Lots of us Aussies here bloke. Nice care love the colour,but then I am a bit biased as I too own a Blue Glow 73 Mach 1

Hey Jim, I'm from the northern suburbs, where are you from? would love to get the Mach out but in the process of getting the car ready for club rego.. Hey, where is your engine number stamped, just one of the things I need to do as I can't find one on the engine anywhere..not a matching numbers engine, worked Windsor 351.. It came with the car. I will eventually put back a Cleveland in it.

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas!!! That is my favorite color for a Mach1!!!

-Travis

I'm in Sunbury... Half hour from the rock... Although it took me an hour and a half to get in last year! Everybody's catching on and leaving earlier and earlier to avoid the bumper to bumper wait.

Either get there at 7:30am or get there at 10:00am!

Last year out of abt 3,000 cars, there was 3 71-73's there and 2 were from Sunbury...

I'm a bit hesitant to tell you where the engine numbers are, because I believe the stampings are different between the American castings and the Aussie castings, for Cleveland's anyway... Not sure about Windsor's though.

Good luck...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to add a pin on our member map under the fun stuff tab at the top of the page.

Beautiful car and one of my favorite colors too!

However, and please don't think I'm being rude, but I don't think it is original paint or at least not all original paint. For the hood to be factory tu-tone color the car would have also had twist locks. The front bumper would also have a black area on the top just in front of the grill. It's a beautiful car in present from so please don't see this as me being critical...just wanted to let you investigate further about the original paint.

Hey Don65stang,

Thanks for alerting me to that fact.. I am a newbie to this whole stang car. Only going by what a couple of panel shops have told me, no evidence of any previous accidents or rust cut outs or bondo work, they could believe the condition of the car body and paint, as for the bonnet..I don't know too much about it, although I do have a ram air bonnet for future addition. It's in fact a factory 302 but definitely a mach 1, so my guess would be the bonnet was a single colour?

Cheers

image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back