Ohio Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcgill89

Reaction score
My Car
None
Saw his '72 Grande for sale on craigslist. I might just consider it but I'm about 8 hours away. I LOVE the color.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4439237411.html

Claims to be a low miles grande with what looks like the instrumentation package and a rim blow horn.

I'm wondering why there's no clock that I can see in the pics.

Anyone up there that can check it out?

I'm sure it won't last long. Shame I'm so far away.

Owner tells me he had a 4 barrel edelbrock put in. Claims it takes longer to warm up.

About 45 minutes from me - I would check it out for you if you want.

It does look interesting.

[email protected]

This car was listed on Craigslist last year with the same photos so I assume that it is still the same owner. Interesting that it does have the instrumentation group - unusual for a Grande but not unheard of. What is more interesting is that it doesn't have AC and it appears to have the AM 8 track stereo with no door speakers. No "Disc Brake" emblem on the brake pedal on a 351C car seems odd too.

See,

This is what I was waiting for. I thought it weird as well that it didn't have the clock and had the instrumentation group.

In 1972, ford was trumpeting the "personal" aspect of the mustang so maybe it came from the factory that way.

I'm going to ask him for the codes.

See,

This is what I was waiting for. I thought it weird as well that it didn't have the clock and had the instrumentation group.

In 1972, ford was trumpeting the "personal" aspect of the mustang so maybe it came from the factory that way.

I'm going to ask him for the codes.
After seeing many oddities in these Mustangs, I won't say that it did not come from the factory that way. The instrumentation group being there doesn't bother me. That's a cool option on a Grande. I suppose the AM 8 track could have been a dealer installed option in 1972 and maybe they had speakers mounted somewhere other than in the doors. From the photo, they have something installed in the storage compartment just below the map light - could be some kind of stereo equipment. The interior looks really clean and representative of a very low mileage car. That brake pedal pad bothers me though. It should have the disc brake emblem and should have front disc brakes with the 351C engine. The car is too low on mileage to have required a brake pedal pad replacement. Ask him if he has a Marti report for the car. I think this car was listed for about $10k last year. The fact that it did not sell may indicate something too. If you are serious about this car, I could be persuaded to drive up and take a look at it - it is about 65 miles from my house.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked the guy for the codes on the data sticker. We will see what he has to say. I'd run a marti report just to see what it actually came with.

I love deciphering what these old Mustangs originally came equipped with.

The codes all check out from the picture he sent me.

They show a 351 2v Grande, with an FMX transmission. Paint and interior codes match what the pictures show.

I had a bunch of photos from this when it was posted last year. Need to search my email for them.

Back