Picked up some nice vintage parts for $150 today...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machlovin

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
I drove 6 hours (both ways) today to grab these parts... however for the price I was paying it was worth it... The intake has some obscure writing on it... "Strip Dominator"... :)

IMG_20140426_194228.jpg

I don't really need the Moroso bits... Although they do look cool. I was after the intake... and I want to see how it suits my engine and compare it to the RPM Air-Gap. I will dyno both setups once everything is done.

I don't really need the Moroso bits... Although they do look cool. I was after the intake... and I want to see how it suits my engine and compare it to the RPM Air-Gap. I will dyno both setups once everything is done.
Stands to reason that the air gap will have a bit more bottom end and the Holley will net more higher up. Will be interesting exercise would love to see the numbers after you give them both a go :)

Stands to reason that the air gap will have a bit more bottom end and the Holley will net more higher up. Will be interesting exercise would love to see the numbers after you give them both a go :)
I agree. What I am wondering though is how much I will be giving up at either end when comparing the two... I also have an old Holley Street Dominator (for 2V heads), I might throw that into the mix as well.

Kinda looks familiar to me. Same setup I had in my 72 sportsroof, GoldRush... See pics in my album. She was last seen in Cleveland.

Kinda looks familiar to me. Same setup I had in my 72 sportsroof, GoldRush... See pics in my album. She was last seen in Cleveland.
Nice pics... but what was with that 'sheet of aluminum' grill you had? Didn't you have heating issues? :)

It was actually perforated metal and never had an issue. At that time finding a good stock grill was kinda hard and usually out of our budget. Later I added a panel from the top of the grill to the core support that made it stronger and looked better...

It was actually perforated metal and never had an issue. At that time finding a good stock grill was kinda hard and usually out of our budget. Later I added a panel from the top of the grill to the core support that made it stronger and looked better...
I thought it was perforated... just hard to tell in the pictures. I like the way the gold Moroso bits looked on your engine... maybe I will hold on to them if I ever choose to go for a period correct modified look.

Back