An original 1971-73 RH torque box - pictures from all sides

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mustang Mach 1 M-code "Soylent Green"
'69 Plymouth Valiant 100
'68 Plymouth Satellite
Since I removed it and photographed it, I figured I'd document it. This is the right side torque box, located underneath the passenger's cowl hat.

Note that the framerail remains connected on the left side of the box.

Passenger's footwell fits on top of this:

fz43cx.jpg

Front right - as if you were looking down into the car from the left front fender to the right door:

14b2g76.jpg

Looking straight down at it, if you're standing next to the cowl hat on the passenger's side of the car:

2cxjhie.jpg

Side view from passenger's side of the car. Part of the rocker panel flange remains attached to one flange:

25011rt.jpg

Bottom view.

2d9vgio.jpg

-Kurt

that is awesome ... looks like it was ... difficult... to get out,

can you tell me what the thickness of that metal was ??

apparently, there is not a reproduction available for these, so I believe I'll be making my own. I did order up 2 from a '68 from Don, he did advise me they'll need to be modified. so far I do know they seem to be thicker material and are wider as well.

that is awesome ... looks like it was ... difficult... to get out,

can you tell me what the thickness of that metal was ??

apparently, there is not a reproduction available for these, so I believe I'll be making my own. I did order up 2 from a '68 from Don, he did advise me they'll need to be modified. so far I do know they seem to be thicker material and are wider as well.
I'll measure the thicknesses it before I ship it out - it's made up of a number of different sections.

Q posted a photo of modifying a 1970 torque box to fit:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-torque-box-patch-pics

-Kurt

Back