Favorite rock guitar solos...

Guest Kit Sullivan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! so we all drive Mustangs, and listen to the same music???

Because I love all the songs mentioned so far, there's nothing like Rock music and a V8 is there? I have no idea what in the world is better than blasting down a country road on a summer evening, warm air blowing in through the window,V8 rumbling and classic rock on the stereo.

Maybe Heather Locklier's hand on ya thigh too, just to finish off an awesome scene ;)

The only thing better is blasting down the road on a bike. Then you don't need tunes or Chicks,well at least not until you stop;). But I would take what you are offering as the very next best thing :cool:

• Like 1

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

The only thing better is blasting down the road on a bike. Then you don't need tunes or Chicks,well at least not until you stop;). But I would take what you are offering as the very next best thing :cool:

I have to respectfully disagree.

The best thing is standing on stage with a band and playing the solo on guitar!!

Except for the Heather Locklear part of course. Nothing beats that. :)

• Like 1

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Lol that somehow relates to the thread, what are you a musician or something:cool:

He has all the vices I admire and none of the virtues I despise

It's really to tough to answer a question like this. Thin Lizzy is my all time favorite band. This morning, I'll say my favorite solo is from Thin Lizzy's Dancing in the Moonlight.

~Tony

1972 Mach 1 (H-Code)

For some stupid reason, it's always stuck in my head... Oct 4, 1980, festival hall Melbourne.

Great show, 2 great showmen, rip... Phil and Gary Moore. Funny how some memories never leave you...

Image3.png

Jim

For some stupid reason, it's always stuck in my head... Oct 4, 1980, festival hall Melbourne.

Great show, 2 great showmen, rip... Phil and Gary Moore. Funny how some memories never leave you...

I'm so envious of you, or anyone else who was privileged to see Thin Lizzy in live performance. On Oct. 4, 1980, I was nine years old. I only heard Lizzy on the radio.

~Tony

1972 Mach 1 (H-Code)

Sadly I saw Thin Lizzy about 8 years ago, I have no idea what I was expecting, but without Lynnot, it didn't get close :(

Got Blind drunk with my Boss tho and had a hell of a night!!!

Sadly I saw Thin Lizzy about 8 years ago, I have no idea what I was expecting, but without Lynnot, it didn't get close :(

Got Blind drunk with my Boss tho and had a hell of a night!!!

There is no Thin Lizzy without the Bard, Phil Lynott.

~Tony

1972 Mach 1 (H-Code)

Kit,

as a guitar player it is much more difficult to name only ten titles but here are my real 10 all time favorite guitar solos:

1 Beat It / Michael Jackson

2 Highway Star / Deep Purple

3 Lazy / Deep Purple

4 The Shield / Deep Purple

5 Voodoo Chile / Jimi Hendrix

6 L.A. Woman / The Doors

7 Another Brick In The Wall / Pink Floyd

8 Dancing With Tears In My Eyes / Ultravox

9 Bohemian Rapsody / Queen

10 500 Miles / The Hooters

11 Welcome Home (Sanitarium) / Metallica

S*** - 11 :D ok, my Marshall goes up to 11 :P

And yes, I am a big Blackmore-fan but the 3 titles are obviously and objectively real good (and melodic too) guitar solos - I will never get them out of my ears... like the others, too.

Tim

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

• 9 months later...

Jimi Hendrix: Hey Baby, Sept. 3, 1970 K.B. Hallen Copenhagen Denmark, an absolutely magnificent performance, just a couple of weeks before he died.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl7Bmty4BJQ

Jimi Hendrix Machine Gun, at the Band of Gypys show New Years eve/New

Years day 69/70.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdya-VDdBiA

Stevie Ray Vaughan doing Hendrix's Little Wing, 1983 Fitzgeralds Club Houston Tx. Stevie sat on the edge of the stage and played about 10-15 min. Version that was amazing. I was there that night

[video=youtube]

Eric Johnson doing Hendrix's House Burning Down...Live...amazing!

[video=youtube]

Robin Trower Day Dream, still out there after all these years, playing his blank off.

[video=youtube]

Randy Hansen still playing some great guitar.

[video=youtube]

For an old guy like me Pink Floyd and David Gilmour have to be on the top of my list. I watch the Pulse video every couple months. Yes I have the 12" laser discs with Pioneer player, lol. There are like 500 discs in racks who needs cable.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

For an old guy like me Pink Floyd and David Gilmour have to be on the top of my list. I watch the Pulse video every couple months. Yes I have the 12" laser discs with Pioneer player, lol. There are like 500 discs in racks who needs cable.

David

That's a great video! My favorite part is when Gilmore looks back and smirks at the lady singing so intensely while he's playing the lap guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

tonight I'm going to see Santana at the Ryman Auditorium. You guys have great taste in music, but he needs more votes-Black Magic Woman is awesome!

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Queen-"Bohemian Rhapsody"

Santana-"Samba-Pa-Ti"

Deep Purple-"Highway Star"

Led Zeppelin-"Stairway To Heaven"

Lynyrd Skynyrd-"Free Bird"

Eagles-"Hotel California"

Ozzy-"Mr Crowley"

Guns & Roses-"Sweet Child O' Mine"

Pink Floyd-"Comfortably Numb"

Eric Clapton-"Layla"

Jimi Hendix-"Star Spangled Banner"

Doobie Brothers-"Dark Eyed Cajan Woman"

Wow! I must be gettin' old. Just looked over my list and realized I had listened to a lot of these on 8 track tape players! LOL

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Not rock as it seems defined here but Dickey Betts doing Blue Sky does it for me.