73 convertible rebuild

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobmarlojill

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible, 351C 2v, Full restoration
I am in the process of putting hood and fenders back on my convertible after paint and have come to a snag....when look at the 2 metal tabs at the base of the windshield I notice I have a different gap between them and the hood from one side to the other.....

Can you all take a look down your windshield, looking under the hood (when closed) and see haw much space there is between the top of the windshield holder metal tab and the bottom of the hood? 1/4"....1/2"....1"????

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the process of putting hood and fenders back on my convertible after paint and have come to a snag....when look at the 2 metal tabs at the base of the windshield I notice I have a different gap between them and the hood from one side to the other.....

Can you all take a look down your windshield, looking under the hood (when closed) and see haw much space there is between the top of the windshield holder metal tab and the bottom of the hood? 1/4"....1/2"....1"????

Thanks

No one can help me out on this?
On mine the passenger side has about 3/4" of clearance and the driver's side has about 3/16".

I am not sure that this is a valid frame of reference for aligning anything though.

I've never been that concerned with that measurement. I adjust to the fenders, and adjust the fenders to the hood. I usually start with the doors and move forward to the fenders, then the hood. There may be some small adjustments to the hood and fenders for final fit.

Back