1971 Ford Mustang FRANK CONE RAM AIR GT

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priceless ! rofl

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

I'm waiting for the day someone comes up with a 1971 Yanker Super Mustang.*

-Kurt

*If I didn't put this postscript here, we'd see a 1971 Yanker Super Mustang on eBay within 6 months, made by someone who didn't think I was joking.

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Does this mean that my Doug The Dog Motorsports 1 of 1 73 convertible will be worth $100K when it's done? rofl

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

Does this mean that my Doug The Dog Motorsports 1 of 1 73 convertible will be worth $100K when it's done? rofl

Only if it has a genuine vinyl decal stuck on the fender and all the forged-*ahem* original paperwork.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Priceless ! rofl

Who the heck is Frank Cone???

You took the words right out of my mouth. Hope I don't offend any one, but I'm thinking I could buy 4 of our cars for that kind of money... At least.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1_24_09_13_4_29_06.png

I'm making mine into a twister sprint mach1 boss big block ..... All legitimate !

Well if you build it, it exists, thus it will be real. :)

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

You took the words right out of my mouth. Hope I don't offend any one, but I'm thinking I could buy 4 of our cars for that kind of money... At least.

Yeah, that car is more like a $20K-$25K car.

Is the rear spoiler on backwards? Hard to tell from the angle of the picture.

Dealers would add things like this to make more money.

Never heard of this dealer but who knows - it's possible.

It is a rare car by being 1 of 414 - 1971 M code convertibles.

Looks like a nice car to me. Doubt is worth 85 K but a well done M code convertible should be over 25K.

It is a very handsome car.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Guest Kit Sullivan

Geez, what a load of crap! Just sell the car based on what it is...a nicely presented convertible. All the "Frank Cone GT Ram Air" garbage and "special ordered 330 horsepower" stuff just angers me...it's like a challenge to see how much I can take before I want to confront them...

Frank Cone was a visionary - he developed the Times New Roman print font way back in 1971. He also had a magic typewriter that could do asterisks from the future.

He was a great man who had his career cut short when he lost his Ford Franchise for breaking out standard equipment on to a separate document and charging the customer extra for these great features. Very sad.

He was also the creator of the Frank Cone Boss Pinto Mavricstang Landau in early 1974 that did not come from the factory with tires - Frank Cone had to add them at great expense to himself and his customers. Very sad.

Frank Cone is still alive and now lives in Florida - he now has a 3D holographic iris cloud printer (Windows 51 compliant) that creates mental documents and can print asterisks in a style that will not exist until 2053.

He also likes cats - very sad.

- Paul

His hole punch couldn't punch the tractor-feed holes straight either...geez

And like Paul says, that looks like its from a modern laser printer with MS Office fonts, maybe printed on the back of the original warranty card?

1972 H-code Mach1

2010 GT Premium

2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport 2.0T

1995 F150- The "home depot" machine

2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra

His hole punch couldn't punch the tractor-feed holes straight either...geez

And like Paul says, that looks like its from a modern laser printer with MS Office fonts, maybe printed on the back of the original warranty card?

yea right and I have 1971 boss 302 in my garage sometimes this hobby really gets out of hand. ayp

That is absolutely the worst fake paperwork I have ever seen!

This dude obviously got the Marti report and just went mental, totally inventing the "Frank Cone" sports dealer package, its not in any sort of 1971 font even!!!

I hate this kind of forgery, I dread to think what the rest of the car has hidden away beneath the shiny paint!

Guest Kit Sullivan

so many things wrong...

The 3-gauge cluster appears to have come from a standard-trim level car: No chrome rings like the deluxe dash covers. Possibly the "chrome' has just been removed from the panel...hard to tell.

The hood paint is wrong shape, and has no hood pins..all part of ram air package.

Stripes wrong for that model

Spoilers (front and rear) wrong for that model

no "GT' model avaialable since '70.

I realize this is all supposedly done by a dealer after Ford made the car, but that does not mean a stinking thing to me. "Frank Cone", or any other dealer for that matter has NOTHING to do with Ford's production details. Thier modifications are no more "official" than if the guy who owned the local McDonalds's restaraunt did the changes.

Anything done to the car AFTER the factory assembly is to me...modified and not original.

There are a few exceptions to this for me:

Shelbys

California/ High Country/ Twister specials

These were done by Ford dealer association networks with Ford's full approval, which gives them a whiff of authenticity.

The rest are just local yokels making up thier own crap.

"The rest are just local yokels making up thier own crap"

All in the guise of selling something for more money than normal.

A local dealer in OKC took the "Boss is back" slogan from Ford Marketing and had stickers made that said "Boss" to place on the lower rocker areas of the 1982 V-8 Mustangs. We bought one new and luckily we got ours right off the truck as it was delivered. For the time it was a really fun car! THat little 2-V 5.0 would do about 128 mph. Back then that was impressive. With the long 4th (OD) gear and the 3.08 traction lock rear end it took a while to get there but sure was fun to drive. It was a well-balanced car.

Anyway - the dealer added "Cobra" stickers too. And they charged extra for these packages consisiting of stickers and the typical ultra high tech treatment to the interior fabric and the exterior paint. They (dealer) called them addendums. I called it tha rip-off.

Back to the Frankenstein Cone car...

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)