New '73 sportsroof member from Houston, Tx

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1strollin

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Ford Mustang Sportsroof Deluxe. Red with black interior.
Hello all. I just purchased a 1973 Mustang Sportsroof with a 302/C4 and factory a/c. It's got manual 4 drum brakes and no power steering. It did come with a rear window defroster and am/fm stereo though. Weird huh?

Here's how it sat for the last 8 years.....

4-24-2014071.jpg

Moving day.....

4-24-2014098.jpg

4-24-2014099.jpg

My garage.....

4-24-2014110.jpg

Original black interior car.....

4-24-2014128.jpg

Found a 2100 carb on craigslist and fired her up.....

4-24-2014149.jpg

Playin with some wheels. Check out that good paint under the rattle can job....

4-24-2014144.jpg

The thing I like about the car is that it's all there. It came with front fenders that came from the same car as the nasa hood and an extra c4 tranny.....

So far I've replaced the fuel pump and removed the rusty, stinky, varnished gas tank that's been smellin up my house. A 2 gallon gas can fits perfect in between the grille and radiator so I can drive it around the neighborhood.....

It's been fun and I've been averaging about 30 min to an hour a day tinkering with it.....

I hope to meet some new people here and get her done one day.....

Great shape..doing a72 mach cj now..did a lot of metal. ...your lucky

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum and thumbs up for posting pics in your intro post!

yeah, that looks like a good solid start Any rust? The interior looks very good.

Yeah, it's got some rust mostly around the passenger rear wheelwell. Got a crazy bondo job back there. Guess from doing one wheel peels.....

Few spots through the firewall at the pass. wheelwell and under the battery.....

Welcome to the forum from virginia! Nice starting point you got there. Keep us posted.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Welcome from West Texas! Nice Mustang!! (jealous of the scissor lift) ::thumb::

welcome to the site form Bundaberg Australia great project you have there. There must be a fair few of you H town boys on the forum now. Looks to be a fair few Texans full stop. Guess that means you bloke have good taste in cars ;)

Welcome from Houston, Texas. What part of town are you in?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the comments. I live in Alvin, Tx. I like to think that I got a decent deal.

Funny story. We had a handshake deal on a Sunday a month ago. Then Monday, stupid Fast 'n Loud buys that green '72 sportsroof for $7500. Well, the owner (which is a good longtime friend of mine and wanted it out of his shop) agreed payments for 12 months, he wanted more money. I spent the next week pretty pissed about Gas Monkey Garage.....

A week later, he wanted another grand, so I countered and offered to pay his amount (which is 2/3's the amount of the tv show) for 24 months. Called it interest and a lower monthly payment.....LOL. UuuuuhhHuuuhhhhh.....

Cruised her around the neighborhood for the first time in probably 10 years. Motor sounds good. Could only bleed 3 of the wheel cylinders. Tranny slips in drive.....

20140426_142805.jpg

Got another good punishing story about how the gas out of the 73's tank killed the superduty.....

Welcome from NC. Yea, those dorks on TV like to BS and then everyone thinks their old car is worth a fortune (even if it has been sitting in the shop for 8+ years, ARGH!

Glad you got it worked out and got her running. Good looking start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back