Blue Glow w/ Argent stripes FLIPPED?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machlovin

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
One of the things on my to-do list is to have my car painted. It is currently Blue Glow with Argent stripes/hood and blue interior.

I like the color combo, but I was also thinking of flipping it to make it more unique. What do you guys think (photoshopped car is not mine)?

EDIT:

Second pic is updated version based on feedback and a few tweaks.

100_1028b.jpg

100_1028b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the cars are unique enough in their own right. I love the 73 Machs with the right striping in either argent or black. That is the unique part. The rest is how much attention you pay to details. If you truly want a car above the rest - that is a great recipe.

I try to stay true to the cars as they were produced - being very selective of mods.

Remember I am more of a purist. But that is me. Build your car to please your own tastes. You will be looking at it and driving it more than anyone!

Ray

I feel the cars are unique enough in their own right. I love the 73 Machs with the right striping in either argent or black. That is the unique part. The rest is how much attention you pay to details. If you truly want a car above the rest - that is a great recipe.

I try to stay true to the cars as they were produced - being very selective of mods.

Remember I am more of a purist. But that is me. Build your car to please your own tastes. You will be looking at it and driving it more than anyone!

Ray
Ditto. However, to me the reverse argent and blue doesn't look quite right. I liked the black with gold stripe car and also the back car with red hockey strie but the argent / blue reverse just isn't quite the same to me.

Our cars are pretty rare already so if it was me it doesn't get any better than blue glow with argent stripes.

You might try a dark blue. I've thought about similar things, but would probably be less successful.

I like it a lot, also except for the spoilers.

But on the other hand blue with argent is one of my favorites of all the possible finishes, so you can't go wrong with either.

Just MHO... If you're going to paint the car any silver color, go with black for the stripes and spoilers. You can't go wrong with that combo. Check out kindersmach car... It is a thing of beautiful. I am a fan of the blue with argent stripes also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I really like it but the wing needs to be black :). I, like you have a Blue Glow and argent Mach 1 I kind of think the factory got it right as that colour really pops in the sun. Its already very distinctive and as Ray said its attention to detail that gets you noticed. What ever you choose i cant wait too see the result :D

Thanks for your input everyone. I'm just playing with the idea at this stage. Here's one without spoilers and with a different set of rims (lowered a couple inches).

100_1028b2.jpg

Now that is Killa Dilla :cool:something vey GT40s about it in that colour and no spoilers so

How about these wheels

fo0jzl.jpg
[/img]

If you are looking to be different it certainly is. However, I have always liked the way they came from the factory.

I must admit that the black with gold strips Mach 1 that was posted one here was a very interesting looking car. But again, on that car I would have still gone with black and argent.

I like the flipped colors but then I like out of family engines too so what do I know? I think it somehow looks more modern which may be good or bad depending what you’re after.

I agree that spoilers in blue just don’t seem to work.

I think different is perfectly o.k. even though some want everything stock looking. Stock is very limiting in color selection and rather boring. Mine is going to be pearl white with gold striping and some creative body mods to make it all mine.

How about silver and blue with body color spoilers?

I like it, it's different and you won't likely see another like it. Please remember, I think no matter how good the factory got it, we can make them MUCH BETTER!! :D

I'd do it in silver and Honolulu blue ala the Detroit LIONS!!! LOL

If your asking, i like what you did. If it were my car front and rear spoiler get painted body colour and put back on. The rear louvers need the wing to visually support the hight. Rear stance needs to drop one more inch. Altitude is attitude. A step further again, if it were my car, would be to replace the rear tire with one that is two inches taller in diameter than your current rear tire (if it is available) and dropping the rear of the car two inches instead of one inch.

Or do nothing at all. Great looking car as it is. Cheers.

Back