I'm officially in the geezer club tomarrow. and i got a new"old car"

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Well tomarrow is my big 40th birthday:) And i was down at my cousins house and he said something about his brother thinking about selling his old 65 dodge dart with a comando 225 slant six..lol..Well i shot my mouth off about how i would drive it around if i had it..and offered a deal for it...well he took my offer!! so now im stuck dragging this one home..Only big issues..tires are rotted and splitting..but it runs like a top.. not my fav dodge "nor most peoples" but it would make a neat super stock dodge..But im just getting it as a back up car for now...They still have most of the original chrome that went down the side....Interior is ruff..One soft spot on the drivers floor..Not much rust or anything thou...Lets just say....The stuff im trading for it.."a guitar and a pistol" All together worth around 1000...I only paid 140$ for both threw other trades over the years....So i will have 140 bucks into this car so far...I dont think that to shabby at all

P5080014.JPG

P5080015.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a shabby deal at all Mike. What is that other car behind yours? Looks like a 51 or so Ford/Mercury but I can't tell. I'll have to drop by and look at your new acquisition.

-john

Awesome. That thing will be cool as hell super stocker with a tuff V8 in it and a big old mopar bonnet scoop. 40 hey I guess that means you are a responsible person now ;) just like me :)

Not a shabby deal at all Mike. What is that other car behind yours? Looks like a 51 or so Ford/Mercury but I can't tell. I'll have to drop by and look at your new acquisition.

-john
Sure thing John...You can check out my poor old mach 1 too:)..i think its a 50 or 51 ford...It is one of my dads old fords..My dad in the picture too with the gray beard..I took him down to check it out too.

Awesome. That thing will be cool as hell super stocker with a tuff V8 in it and a big old mopar bonnet scoop. 40 hey I guess that means you are a responsible person now ;) just like me :)
Yup..that is what they had planned for it..But you know how plans go...It has a clean little slant six in it though...i mite just run it around how it is for a while...tease some dodge fans...maybe sell it just to dump the money in my stang..maybe not..i dont know yet..hehe

that's a lot of indecision in 1 statement sure you didn't turn into a girl.

Just joking mate, Happy Birthday for tomorrow. and enjoy ::beer::
Hey now!! dont let the long hair fool ya ;)

LoL...Nope..I just a wheeler and dealer sometimes...But with this car..I'm not attached..Nor am i in a hurry to get rid of it...I'm just going to drive it and see where it takes me..And if some one offers me a fair deal for it..I will send it on down the road, If i get no offers i will keep it and drive it around, and maybe pop a old 413 big block for it or something..lol

that's a lot of indecision in 1 statement sure you didn't turn into a girl.

Just joking mate, Happy Birthday for tomorrow. and enjoy ::beer::
Hey now!! dont let the long hair fool ya ;)

LoL...Nope..I just a wheeler and dealer sometimes...But with this car..I'm not attached..Nor am i in a hurry to get rid of it...I'm just going to drive it and see where it takes me..And if some one offers me a fair deal for it..I will send it on down the road, If i get no offers i will keep it and drive it around, and maybe pop a old 413 big block for it or something..lol
fair enough. Oh I like the 413 idea. if it wasn't for the pacific ocean I'd be saying whip it around and lets talk.

That is one cool car.

If you need to move it and the tires are an issue, you may wanna consider putting the rims from your Mustang on, if they are not too wide. Mopars and Fords have the same lug nut pattern and many rims are interchangeable.

I ran Centerlines on the Mustang for a while that I bought from a guy who took them off his 70 'cuda and a friend of mine uses my original Magnum 500s to take his 69 Charger to inspection.

Just make sure they clear calipers, fenders and such.

EDIT:

On second thought, I remembered that it is a slant 6, so it might have only 4 bolts under those hubcaps?

Although I love Mopars I am not that well educated on the topic of six cylinder Mopars. Ford sixes had 4 lugs too, so if that is the case just forget what I just posted above.

That old Mopar slant 6 was a great reliable motor. I worked with a guy that had a ton of miles on his little 69 Dart running that motor. He bought it brand new and was still driving it when he retired back in 2001!

Ray

That is one cool car.

If you need to move it and the tires are an issue, you may wanna consider putting the rims from your Mustang on, if they are not too wide. Mopars and Fords have the same lug nut pattern and many rims are interchangeable.

I ran Centerlines on the Mustang for a while that I bought from a guy who took them off his 70 'cuda and a friend of mine uses my original Magnum 500s to take his 69 Charger to inspection.

Just make sure they clear calipers, fenders and such.

EDIT:

On second thought, I remembered that it is a slant 6, so it might have only 4 bolts under those hubcaps?

Although I love Mopars I am not that well educated on the topic of six cylinder Mopars. Ford sixes had 4 lugs too, so if that is the case just forget what I just posted above.
Ya i was thinkin about that...But i heard this early Dodge was using some kinda funky small pattern 5 lug...They told me it was a 5 lug under the hub caps...I still could check..But i got some 14 inch ford ranger tires "little taller" but im going to pull the tires off at his house and run them up to the tire store.

This car still has the original bias ply spare tire..lol

That old Mopar slant 6 was a great reliable motor. I worked with a guy that had a ton of miles on his little 69 Dart running that motor. He bought it brand new and was still driving it when he retired back in 2001!

Ray
Ya..we had a few old slants from back in the day..I do hate where dodge mounted the coil thou...they always get too much heat..but other than that..it was a great little motor...and this one runs great "so far" hehe {crosses fingers} And this is a older slant six with mechanical lifters instead of hydrolic.

40 is geezer? I don't even remember 40...
Hehe :) I'm sure i wont in a few years my self.

Thanks everyone for the Happy birthday...You know what kinda sucks? i planned a barbq and make my own cake..and i got a call from the band i have to play tonight and tomarrow..bleh..but i need the cash to work on my new dodge..lol

Back