Other cars in your Corrals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister 4x4

Too Big to Sneak
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
What'cha drivin' when you're not rolling in the Mustangs?

My 'daily' driver (soon to be replaced with my Mach 1): 1995 Honda Civic VX

newrims1.JPG

My favorite, and soon to be daily driver until the Mach 1's done: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 (I need to find a better pic, the Ram's missing the cool bull bar on the front and some other things that just make it even cooler).

bigdamram7.jpg

My other toy/project (which is now on-hold until the Mach 1's done): 1980 Jeep CJ-7

ericjeep1.jpg

The wife drives a 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe - so I get all my toys to myself.

So - what'cha got?

(edited 04/09/2019 - updated broken picture links)

My daily driver is a 2007 Cobalt SS naturally aspirated. It is just getting ready to turn 10,000 miles old!

1_14_07_10_9_44_05.jpeg

The family wagon is a 2003 Explorer.

I have a 07 crossfire as my daily traffic fighting go-kart. I love it, and I feel like they never caught on because of the chrysler name. Dealerships were practically giving them away when I bought it; as it was almost brand new (2k miles) and got it for less than half the sticker price.

16146_234536241994_610141994_4345324_6168889_n.jpg

n610141994_784937_1671.jpg

My DD is a 2003 Ford F250 V10 Crew Cab King Ranch. This was bought off a lease to haul my family and my mustang. I had an extended cab F150 before the F250. My son who is now 6' 4" was very uncomfortable riding in the back of the extended cab F150.

My wife's DD is a 2008 Cadillac SRX. We bought my wife’s SRX this past Jan. as a used vehicle with 125 miles. It got lost in the shuffle during the GM bankruptcy and ended up being sold at an auction when the dealer closed. I got it as a Cadillac certified vehicle with a 6 year/100 thousand mile bumper to bumper warrantee.

Complete Collection:

1973 Mustang:

39245_1529914208386_1250659100_31477614_997194_n.jpg

1997 Cobra:

photo%201.JPG

2009 Flex:

photo%202.JPG

1993 VW Cabriolet (Wife's Project Car):

P1020825.JPG

1982 John Deere "mowstang" - My Lawn Car (posted in another thread too):

photo%204.JPG

my d.d. IS my 71 mustang... other cars of the family are a 70 torino 4 door, a 70 torino gt fastback, and a 71 torino sportsroof, and the sister drives an 80 camaro. the girlfriend has a 72 machone and daily drives a 99? 6cyl stang

Well, I am pretty much a FLM (Ford,Lincoln, Mercury) kind of guy - - for the most part.

Our daily driver (the First Lady's) is a 2010 Lincoln MKT. I call it the "Hearse" but she loves it; something to do with the fact that it has a built in refrigerator/freezer, among other amenities.

Attached are a couple of photographs:

cobra3073

DSCF1866.jpg

DSCF1863.jpg

BT

72 Grande Coupe

66 Mustang Coupe

67 VW Beetle

84 CJ7

89 RS Camaro

DDs 04 GMC 1ton Duramax and 89 Buick Skylark Custom lol

My other car is also a Mustang, a 1994 convertible with V6 and 5 speed. Mostly though I move around on one of my motorcycles, a couple of BMWs, one with a sidecar, and commute to work and back on a little 81 Honda 400. The Honda is my daughter's bike, but she is not riding now.

P4180171.JPG

dgsco9l.jpg

klo.jpg

P7220263.JPG

Well, I am pretty much a FLM (Ford,Lincoln, Mercury) kind of guy - - for the most part.

Our daily driver (the First Lady's) is a 2010 Lincoln MKT. I call it the "Hearse" but she loves it; something to do with the fact that it has a built in refrigerator/freezer, among other amenities.
I never realized it before you posted your pics BT, but I think the MKT and Flex are built on the same platform. They are sweet, sweet rides.

Yes, they are very similar - - the MKT is a lot longer and has a great deal more features.

To me, it really does look like a hearse and I tease the First Lady about it all the time but she loves the thing. The last three daily drivers for the family had been Town Cars - - she like the big vehicles for hauling our son around. With the town car apparently phasing out, she decided on the MKT for this year, since it is supposed to be Lincoln's replacement touring (that is what the "T" stands for) vehicle.

But yes, when I want to get her "goat", I refer to it as "the hearse" or as a glorified "Flex."

BT

Update: I sold the Honda for engine money. A buddy at work was interested, and I told him what I wanted for it... and he said OK.

I got $3500 for the little hatchback - which is not bad considering I only paid $800 (it came with a blown engine). After I got it running again (head gasket popped, warped the head, all because the radiator was clogged), I added the wheels, tint, and other niceties. The thing was a trooper - still pullin' 39mpg in-town (without A/C running) with me driving it like I stole it with over 205,000 miles on the ticker. I drove it for about 3 years, and just got tired of it after I got the Mustang... just like that... overnight. Time to go.

Buh-bye little car - you're paying for the greater good.

Yes, they are very similar - - the MKT is a lot longer and has a great deal more features.

To me, it really does look like a hearse and I tease the First Lady about it all the time but she loves the thing. The last three daily drivers for the family had been Town Cars - - she like the big vehicles for hauling our son around. With the town car apparently phasing out, she decided on the MKT for this year, since it is supposed to be Lincoln's replacement touring (that is what the "T" stands for) vehicle.

But yes, when I want to get her "goat", I refer to it as "the hearse" or as a glorified "Flex."

BT
I see that the MKT's are about 6" longer, but I'd be interested in hearing what features your MKT has that my Flex doesn't. I've got a 2009 Limited, and it's LOADED. I can't imagine what else you'd jam in that thing. I've got sat-nav w/ Sync, USB input, voice operated everything, 3rd row seating, a refrigerator/freezer, DVD Headrests, ambient lighting, power sunroof, vista skylights, backup camera & warning system, keyless entry, heated first/second row seats, all seats except the driver's fold completely flat, etc. What am I missing out on compared to the MKT?

07 GT is DD. Others are when I can.
Sweeeet. Love the Cougars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than size, ABSOLUTELY nothing - - per your description of your Limited (obviously loaded) Flex.

I will have to share that with the First Lady - - that will really get her goat! She often opines that nothing else "on the road" compares with her "hearse:)."

BT

Back