My New Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Safari

Reaction score
My Car
Long Love affair with a 71 Coupe now over, but looking to start a new one soon!
Hi Everyone

Here's my marti report for the 73 Sportsroof I bought from Lee, its a one of one, but who ordered a Green interior and a Yellow Body???

Aha Jim

You've solved it, it had to be bought new by an Ozzy :) How popular this colour combo will be in NZ we'll have to see, maybe I'll have to paint it all Black ;)

Just found it in Mustangs...By The Numbers:

334qgea.jpg

Welcome to the 1-of-1 club.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Black and silver stripes and you're done matey....
I think I need Lee's other one for that :)

I'm Welsh I'll just need to paint it Red and it'll be my colours, actually I guess it probably should go back to original if its one of one??? I've never had anything one of one before????

Just found it in Mustangs...By The Numbers:

334qgea.jpg

Welcome to the 1-of-1 club.

-Kurt
Hey Thanks Kurt

I guess I wont be going with a black interior after all then, yet ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlie,

Congrats on the car and the 1 of 1. Very unique car that will have a story with it when you finish. I noticed from your Marti that the car sat on the dealer lot for 7 months before selling...lol.

Not just green, but Avocado! Nothing says 70's more than the Avocado interior, except maybe the houndstooth vinyl tops.

The bright green gold exterior works well with the Avocado, but I'm not so sure about the yellow...

Yeah, i remember when i purchased this car in Fresno 2 years ago my buddy and i ran the vin info on our cell phones when we looked at it and thought wow this car is pretty rare to be a non-Mach 1 sportsroof from 73. Now i turn and sell it to Ben here, he gets the Marti and finds out its 1 of 1 lol. When he emailed me the other night with the Marti attatched i was floored lol.

Sorry though Ben, grats on purchasing this 1 of 1 from me, but my Mach will never be for sale lol. :p

Yeah, i remember when i purchased this car in Fresno 2 years ago my buddy and i ran the vin info on our cell phones when we looked at it and thought wow this car is pretty rare to be a non-Mach 1 sportsroof from 73. Now i turn and sell it to Ben here, he gets the Marti and finds out its 1 of 1 lol. When he emailed me the other night with the Marti attatched i was floored lol.

Sorry though Ben, grats on purchasing this 1 of 1 from me, but my Mach will never be for sale lol. :p
Hi Lee

Shame I quite fancy a Mach 1 and yours looks mint :) lol!

Thanks very much for selling the car to me Lee, its off to a good home here in NZ, and I think its fully appropriate that its a 1 of 1 as I never intend to sell it and I've wanted to buy a 71 -73 Mustang since 1989, so this story is a long, long time in the making.

I know this may sound weird, but the first time I saw that car I just knew it was the one, I must have looked at over a hundred over the years, but as soon as I saw it I just knew it was the one.

So my plans for the car? well if you've read my Smooth Torquer story you'll know that I've had a lot of history with one particular 71 Mustang, and this car is going to be a tribute car to my first car crush :heart:

So it will be Ford Apollo Metallic Green, be jacked up and be on Cragers (actually I bought a set of appliance from another member) A nice set of chrome sidepipes and a full resto. I think its nice that its got an avocado interior as it will fit in nicely with the Green exterior, the only problem is, they dont make any new interior bits in avocado :mad:

So if anyone out there has a nice Avocado deluxe interior, let me know, Lee says the seats are ok, but the dash pad, carpet, headliner and door panels are shot! oh and a kit to make the rear windows roll down would be nice. I've bought quite a few bits from Kurt but I'll need some more before the car gets shipped to NZ.

Cheers guys I'm having an awesome time here on 71-73 Mustangs :D

Got your parts all boxed up, Charlie. Wound up cutting down my Dynacorn quarter panel box just to fit the spoiler and dash pad!

-Kurt

Hi Kurt

Thank you sir, I am looking forward to fitting them, and its a great thing to have some spares :)

all the best

Ben

Say, if anyone has Lee's last name, can they PM it to me? I'm about ready to ship Ben's parts to Lee's U.S. address, but I'm missing this bit of information.

I'd have to wait another week before getting this box out, and seeing that both of these gentlemen are probably asleep right now and won't be able to reply to me until evening, that would be an unfortunate delay.

-Kurt

Welcome to the 1 of 1 club!!!

Back