News on Aussie 2015 Mustangs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Blue Glo Mach 1
So here is the news, its hear say at best, but it comes from a mate in Vic that has family links to senior Ford execs. He said that we will not see the first mustangs here until 2016. Worse still he is tipping it wont be priced as a everyman's HotRod like in the states but will be priced to compete directly with HSV. If that's the case I wont be buying 1 now like I planned too.

I have never wanted 1 of my mates to be wrong more,but sounds like a typical Aussie situation. If they stayed in that 30-45 grand price point they will walk out the door, but if they price match HSV they are going to stay low volume. Dan I hope you are wrong brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fords new global platform is supposed to mean easy low cost LHD or RHD cars. So if its true, I guess it comes back too the consumer being gouged by the powers that be.

Hi Luke

I hate to tell ya brother, but yeah Ford plan to make the Mustang their flagship car in Oz and it will be priced accordingly, so it'll be HSV pricing!

The Rhd conversion is aimed at the Uk where they will be sold at US prices. The sales Volume of cars in OZ allows the powers that be to gouge the prices :(

If its true that prices will be matching HSV Pricing,I believe they will find themselves in a situation that there will be many left over on dealership floors for a very long time due to more competigion in that price range. I thought that the reason ford was closing their doors here was do to high production costs, so are they now looking for Higher profit margins...give the average hard working Aussie a break.. Corporate Greed at its best! I won't by one.

If its true that prices will be matching HSV Pricing,I believe they will find themselves in a situation that there will be many left over on dealership floors for a very long time due to more competigion in that price range. I thought that the reason ford was closing their doors here was do to high production costs, so are they now looking for Higher profit margins...give the average hard working Aussie a break.. Corporate Greed at its best! I won't by one.
Yep exactly flat out greed. That's why a Ford Raptor is 120 grand here and they start at 45 in the US. 75 thousand bucks for freight per vehicle don't think so.

No new fords in my future

Back