found some orignal paper work

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devildog

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang coupe
351C 2v
My wife bought her 73 coupe from the original owner and gave us some goodies from when she bought it. Litke the original plastic key click, lisence plate bracket from the dealership in St Helen Ca, . Ford plastic bag saying please dont liter, quality care warrenty card with the metel tag. She bought the car 11-17-72.

four year battery card warranty,the consumer information sheet talking about braking, tire size and such and letter saying an important message to owners of 1973 ford built cars, its about the emissions warranty and maintance scheduled. have any of you guys have this papper work? kinda cool, too bad no window sticker.

It is cool to have alright and Yep I got a warranty card and tag, plate frames, owners and service manuels, build sheet, Ford plastic bag, heaps of stuff associated with the car eg rego reciepts from 73 to about 85, 2 quarters from 73, a police reciept/notice for a stolen number plate by LAPD documents from the VA hospital where the original owner was admitted. My guess is he was a korean war vet as he was 55yo when he purchased my Mach 1 in 73

Last edited by a moderator:
I was lucky enough to get the warranty tag, owners manual, original dealer tag with the stock number and the original bill of sale. I made a copy of the original title, as I had to surrender it when it put it in my name.

image.jpg

Closest I come to original paperwork is 1942 miles or 11 days, whichever comes first...

This is a little Ford "Spot Check" holder attached to the side of my dash indicating the oil was changed 25th August 1972, which is 11 days after the Marti report dates the car as having been sold.

q16Wf0D.jpg

spotcheck1.jpg

spotcheck2.jpg

The only piece of ORIGINAL document I got was the Dealer Invoice. I also got the framed Elite Marti report which I took apart to make copies of the reproduction window sticker.

I am on the hunt from past owners of old pictures or anything related to the car. Although I never want to sell the car I will see to it that everything goes to the next owner. You do realize our cars will outlive us right?

Glad you got all that cool paperwork! You are lucky.

Cool thread..

I've got quite a bit of original paperwork..

Off the to of my head:

Hand written order form w dealership business card

Invoices

Receipts for down payment

Original registration

Plastic sleeve

Maintenance material (s)

Paint color card

I'm forgetting a few things...

Also got various receipts from undercoating to general maintenance and repair.

I'll try and get photos up tomorrow..

Nice history to accompany the cool cars!! Nice guys.....in the grand scheme means nothing. But it means a lot to us and I assure you at a show, it takes observers back to a time and brings a feel to the day our rides were original and new. Coool stuff.

If you can get the Eminger invoice for your car, that is a good one to have.

It is not a reproduction, mine is signed with a lead pencil when the car was

delivered to the dealership by whoever accepted the car that day.

I like the line about "12 gals gas $4.00"

mike

scan0134.jpg

I was fortunate that the three previous owners of my vehicle saved EVERYTHING. I mean everything, I have all the original paperwork, dealer invoice, Ford folders etc. I have the registrations from the previous owners, a picture from when the car was new, and EVERY repair receipt, every oil change, that was ever done to the car.

good stuff guys!

here is a picture of some of the original documents I have plus a pile of receipts..

zklPcmE.jpg

Back