Denver Carb

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armorclass

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach1 351c
Summit Racing Street & Strip® Carburetors SUM-M08750MS

Looking for a good carb that can be adjusted well for altitude. I have a 1406 Edlebrock that is not enough for my rebuild. Do I go 1411 or maybe this summit carb?

Can you describe the build and how you want to use the car. The summit carb is a two generations removed Autolite 4100 (a great carb). The adjustability is there on the Summit carb. I would ask them about availability of jet sizes for the carb. It is very reasonably priced. I'm not an Edelbrock carburetor fan so no comment on that. If you have mild gear, say 3.25 and an automatic transmission with a stock convertor, you may want to consider a vacuum secondary instead of the mechanical secondary. Chuck

Can you describe the build and how you want to use the car. The summit carb is a two generations removed Autolite 4100 (a great carb). The adjustability is there on the Summit carb. I would ask them about availability of jet sizes for the carb. It is very reasonably priced. I'm not an Edelbrock carburetor fan so no comment on that. If you have mild gear, say 3.25 and an automatic transmission with a stock convertor, you may want to consider a vacuum secondary instead of the mechanical secondary. Chuck
SO the engine is a 351 4v, just rebuilt it and running just over 11 to 1 compression. On a torcher 2 intake and a descent CAM. Running this on a C4 with a shift kit and a stock converter. The current Edlebrock has poor throttle response and runs to rich for Denver. I'm looking to have more adjustment and better throttle response on my Sunday cruiser. She is geared pretty low I do not no exactly because the tags are gone from the rear end.

Back