Muscle cars of the future

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this a few months back, ya think they copied another car?

Yeah, it does closely resemble the earlier fast backs, but looking into the design process a little more, they started from scratch, so it's not a heavily modified mustang. And if I had 250k to spend, it would be mine, dark blue with black leather please! My wife said "really on a muscle car?" Pfffft, she obviously doesn't know me that well after all...

Saw it several months ago. Really, a $250k for a repro fastback body that has been Camaro-ized with a Vetts' drivetrain? Really I can but two badass ground up cars for that , and blow it's doors off. Seriously not impressed. What's so beautiful?, the 67 fastback that wraps the Vette, or the Camaro front grill? Sorry guys don't see what you do.

This has been commented on heavily the first time it was posted... Comments were divided then as they are now...

Mainly it came down to value for money...

I'd be happier with our fastback model decked out with 21st century technology all round and still have $150k in the bank...

Lemme put it this way: I really like the Equus. The front looks a little like a 71 Roadrunner, the back like a Charger. That is not bad at all. But I think the rest of the car looks too much like a 67-68 Mustang.

If they had toned that down a little it would have looked better IMHO.

This looks like Mustang with new grille and taillight area at first glance.

If you want that kinda money it needs to stick out more, have more personality.

I still like it though.

The roofline needs to be changed. No way around it.

Someone said these are made from Dynacorn bodies. If so, it looks as if at least part of the structure has been changed to suit - why not a bit of the exterior then?

-Kurt

It kinda looks like a cross between a modern Challenger and a late 60's fastback Mustang! Also, could the 6.2 SC engine be the new Hellcat from Mopar?

Saw it several months ago. Really, a $250k for a repro fastback body that has been Camaro-ized with a Vetts' drivetrain? Really I can but two badass ground up cars for that , and blow it's doors off. Seriously not impressed. What's so beautiful?, the 67 fastback that wraps the Vette, or the Camaro front grill? Sorry guys don't see what you do.

First ... I should mention I was simply complimenting a nice looking car, I'm not at work, this is not legal documents that will cause you to lose your life over a treatable ailment or removal of your insurance and leave you in a crisis to pay for your new free treatment.. Which if you would like to compete with me in this arena please let me know what color frog you choose to be when you become froggy, and i'll actually be serious during my off time. Which on most days you cant pay me to do. I could care less what power plant is in it, who was scratching his hinny when he came up with the design, who has most hits at bat, free throws or 3 pointers, who made the most passes or completions. I simply thought it looked cool as I spent some off time goofing off on an internet forum.

But I do agree with you because I came up with the same thought when I saw the 71 Mustang hit the market, and my thought was "what did they DO to our cool 69 and 70 Mustangs???" Then Ford surprised me again when they (in MY opinion ) crapped on the world with the turd Mustang II and I called it then like now ...a piece of.....a horrible idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well first of all did we wake up taking the blue or the red pill? Actually you sounded very enamored with it actually. That is fine. Apparently you take it very personal. As for the whole document thing, what planet were you on? I would surely jump if that is so what you feel you need to do. Pretty petty if you ask me. You thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Caspian said it the best --value. It is fact no matter how you slice it better than a very overpriced restomod. If you believe it is worth a median 4 bedroom house go for it. I expect way more than what it offers for the price. At 60k it wouldn't be so bad, at 250K are you freaking nuts? You specifically don't like II's great, they outsold damn near every mustang for many years. They were doing something right at the time. Just a people hated them, you see just as many hating the giant 71-73's. They clearly never parked one next to a sn197 and say that. Heck I could care less about them until a couple of years ago. Styling and taste will change, bang for the buck doesn't. That's not to say you can't appreciate the work involved, but there are far, far better cars in the super car class that are way cheaper with things like all wheel drive for instance. To put it into perspective you are defending a car that costs $40K more than a Lambroghini Gallardo!

Well first of all did we wake up taking the blue or the red pill? Actually you sounded very enamored with it actually. That is fine. Apparently you take it very personal. As for the whole document thing, what planet were you on? I would surely jump if that is so what you feel you need to do. Pretty petty if you ask me. You thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. Caspian said it the best --value. It is fact no matter how you slice it better than a very overpriced restomod. If you believe it is worth a median 4 bedroom house go for it. I expect way more than what it offers for the price. At 60k it wouldn't be so bad, at 250K are you freaking nuts? You specifically don't like II's great, they outsold damn near every mustang for many years. They were doing something right at the time. Just a people hated them, you see just as many hating the giant 71-73's. They clearly never parked one next to a sn197 and say that. Heck I could care less about them until a couple of years ago. Styling and taste will change, bang for the buck doesn't. That's not to say you can't appreciate the work involved, but there are far, far better cars in the super car class that are way cheaper with things like all wheel drive for instance. To put it into perspective you are defending a car that costs $40K more than a Lambroghini Gallardo!
Want to go for the challenge on Obama Care...could be a lot of fun but check the rules it will engage politics and I really have some good friends here and dont care to be banned AGAIN for you. As for the Mustang II popular sales, most people have known that for years.... I noted also during those sales experiences they also believed the fuel crisis and voted for the second worst person in our history. I would love to see the stats if it was two separate groups of people without taste or one group that did both. But i still love the style of the cool 67 like style and hate Mustang II's

Last edited by a moderator:
[Want to go for the challenge on Obama Care...could be a lot of fun but check the rules it will engage politics and I really have some good friends here and dont care to be banned AGAIN for you. As for the Mustang II popular sales, most people have known that for years.... I noted also during those sales experiences they also believed the fuel crisis and voted for the second worst person in our history. I would love to see the stats if it was two separate groups of people without taste or one group that did both. But i still love the style of the cool 67 like style and hate Mustang II's

Clearly you did not get the Alice in Wonderland reference. As the first part of your response was incoherent rambling. Trust me I have nothing good to say about Obamacare. once again nice idea, completely crappy execution. Frankly the 67 FB is the most iconic and recognizable one out there. Styles and people change. It is quite amazing to me how they can come up with a design in any car that so many people like, or equally dislike.

Back