The new guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chefbuldog

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Mach 1 Q-Code
Hello everyone! I believe I am officially the "new guy". I am the proud second owner of a 72 q code mach 1. I got her about 2 months ago from the original owner. And yes SHE was the cliche 60 yr old original owner! Cool thing was she was a total gear head and I have her original order sheet and everything! She actually told me she orders it sans AC because she didn't want to lose horsepower! Anyway. A new gas tank, electronic ignition and some upholstery and she's almost like new! Gonna prolly resto mod her. I have a 65 fastback c code, had a 66 a code w a 4 d top loader, a 65 6cyl, a 67 6cyl coupe, a 91 fox 5.0, a 2004 terminator, and an 07 gt. This is my first 71-73 and I really want to drive daily! I especially LOVE the gas mileage!(insert joke). My trip to work is close so no biggie. Any way here are some pics and I am currently working on cleaning up the interior gauges and console. Just redid the drivers seat and am doing the passenger seat next. Pretty easy stuff. I've done all the work on all my stings myself.....with a little help on the stuff I don't know too much about. Believe it or not, I am a chef by trade Nd do the mustang thing for fun! Anyway. Enough about me so I will be using everyone for their bigger brains then me so thank you in advance!

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Sounds like quite a Mustang collection you have. Looking forward to seeing pics of all your stangs.

Welcome from West Virginia! Pics?

::welcome:: from San Diego! I drove mine daily for a long time, most of my daily driving is highway so gas mileage was decent as long as I was nice to the gas pedal. I almost averaged 17 mpg on some occasions believe it or not. Anyway, looking forward to some progress pictures!

Hello everyone! I believe I am officially the "new guy". I am the proud second owner of a 72 q code mach 1. I got her about 2 months ago from the original owner. And yes SHE was the cliche 60 yr old original owner! Cool thing was she was a total gear head and I have her original order sheet and everything! She actually told me she orders it sans AC because she didn't want to lose horsepower! Anyway. A new gas tank, electronic ignition and some upholstery and she's almost like new! Gonna prolly resto mod her. I have a 65 fastback c code, had a 66 a code w a 4 d top loader, a 65 6cyl, a 67 6cyl coupe, a 91 fox 5.0, a 2004 terminator, and an 07 gt. This is my first 71-73 and I really want to drive daily! I especially LOVE the gas mileage!(insert joke). My trip to work is close so no biggie. Any way here are some pics and I am currently working on cleaning up the interior gauges and console. Just redid the drivers seat and am doing the passenger seat next. Pretty easy stuff. I've done all the work on all my stings myself.....with a little help on the stuff I don't know too much about. Believe it or not, I am a chef by trade Nd do the mustang thing for fun! Anyway. Enough about me so I will be using everyone for their bigger brains then me so thank you in advance!
::welcome::

7amu9e3u.jpg
zaveratu.jpg

Here's a couple pics. I'll put some more up this weekend

CB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@ gas mileage~possible via tricking it out on my Cleveland w/EFI ~ Gear Vendors overdrive still w/3.5 rear axle to 60mph in low 6 seconds. See my photo album ie, 300+ photos~ a real ~ wikipedia on the 71-3 mustangs, per se.

::welcome::
:idea:ps~know your Camaro is lighter than the Mach 1 but difference in performance between the 350 and 351 as well the lack of fuel efficiency between them.

7amu9e3u.jpg
zaveratu.jpg

Here's a couple pics. I'll put some more up this weekend

CB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nice pics of your MACH 1

also see my COTM March of next years calendar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back