Looking for Shop Manual

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Last930

Reaction score
My Car
'71 Mach 1 project car
I am looking for a shop manual for our '71 Mach 1 project - any suggestions on which one to get? Best place to get one?

Thanks in advance!

I am looking for a shop manual for our '71 Mach 1 project - any suggestions on which one to get? Best place to get one?

Thanks in advance!
I bought a set of these for my 73 for about half the price of this one. I constantly use these. You can also get a CD version much cheaper but I prefer the hard copies. Just need to keep searching on e-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Ford-Lincoln-Mercury-LIncoln-Mustang-Thunderbird-Service-Shop-Manual-SET-71-/351049417786?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item51bc2d043a&vxp=mtr

I'll send a PM but I have an original set for the 71 year that I bought back in the late 70's. Some volumes have (minor) grease and oil stains on the covers and certain pages, but everything is clear and readable.

shipping cost plus $5 would do it....

Jim Osborn Reproductions prints the complete shop manuals that include the dealer prep book which contains several detailed adjustments not covered in the main 4 volumes. They also print a series of assembly manuals which are very useful if you are doing a restoration (electrical, body, and interior). They paid for themselves very quickly in my case. Good luck.

Chuck

Edit: Also get the wiring diagram. A book, "Authentic Restoration Guide, Mustang, 1964 1/2 - 1973", by Corcoran and Davis, has some useful information as well. However verify everything you find there with a second source. I found several mistakes.

Back